Tummy tuck and breast lift at 59 1/2? (photo)

I am in excellent health, I do not nor never have smoked. I seldom drink (2 -4 a yr). I was a type 2 diabetic but have had normal A 1C's since I loss 50 pounds 5 yrs ago. Two vertical c-sections, a hysterectomy (same cut), age and the weight loss has left my tummy and boobs a mess. I'm on no medicine's. Normal blood pressure . Thoughts on this, please.

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift OK For Healthy 59 Year Old

+4

Thank you for your question. Since you are in good health and not a smoker I see no reason that you cannot proceed to have a tummy tuck and breast lift as long as you're primary care physician has examined you, found you to be in good health with no contraindications for surgery, and is willing to write a letter of medical clearance for your plastic surgeon.

From your photo you have appear younger than your stated age which is another indication of your good health.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/mommy-makeover/

Medical Clearance for Plastic Surgery

+1

Three words .....Full Medical Clearance. If a thorough evaluation including blood chemistry including Hb A1C, electrocardiogram/cardio-pulmonary checks and current mammography being within acceptable ranges, and you should be an acceptable surgical risk. Now all you need is a competent plastic surgeon experienced in weight loss sequela reconstruction.

Am I a surgical candidate

+1

As long as you are in good health and cleared by your PCP you would be a great candidate for the afforementined surgeries.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Best to do separate at 59 1/2

+1

A tummy tuck can take 2 to 3 hours and a breast lift can take 3 to 4 hours. I recommend less than 6 hours elective surgery at your age and for this reason do them separately. The breast lift surgery is easier and has less recovery time. After you recovered, you can undergo the tummy tuck. The tummy tuck increases intra-abdominal pressure and increases the work of breathing.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Elective surgery at age 59

+1

If you are in good health, you should be able to successfully undergo the desired procedures. You will want to speak with your regular physician to ensure he/she feels you are a good surgical risk. You will also want to have recent blood work and an EKG to ensure that there are no issues to address before surgery. Good luck!

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and breast lift at 59 1/2?

+1

Based on the nice facial view, I can't really comment on the procedures to the body that might be helpful, but your age will not hinder you from getting a tummy tuck and breast lift given your apparent excellent health.

All the best.

Surgery candidate

+1

Good morning!

It is difficult to say without an exam what type of body rejuvenation procedure you may need, but as far as your age and medical history concerned I see no reason why you cannot have rejuvenative surgery. If you were my patient I would send you for a preoperative evaluation and clearance by either your primary care physician or one we would recommend. This would help us maximize your result and postoperative satisfaction with your proceudres.

I hoep this helps

Web reference: http://www.drsteely.com/body-procedures-houston/tummy-tuck/

Body contouring after C-section and hysterectomy

+1

Hello, it is impossible to answer this question without appropriate photographs. However, generally speaking- body contouring operations are an excellent way to eliminate sagging skin and produce a much improved body contour. Statistically, the overwhelming number of people who have body contouring surgery are pleased and find their lives improved.

Winter Park Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and breast surgery to be combined?

+1

Thanks for your recent inquiry. It has always been possible to combine a tummy tuck and breast surgery for the overall improvement of the patient. This has been a very frequent combination procedure that I have performed in my practice, and oftentimes for a healthy patient the surgery can be performed as an outpatient.Always ask to see results when you have a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon, but rest assured that many of us do this type of surgery.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D. Tampa Plastic Surgeon.

Web reference: http://w.w.w.riegercosmeticsurgery.com

Tummy Tuck at 59?

+1

I agree, I have performed TT on pts in their mid 70' s with great results, you are healthy for your age, go for it and you will not regret it , good luck!!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon