Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation Redo

Six years after tummy tuck,lipo,and breast aug surgery I am not happy with the results. My surgeon used silicone implants to complete my breast reduction and lift, but I never felt comfortable with the circumference of my right breast. My aerolas look like he reshaped them with the lights off, and the scar beneath my breasts are darker on one side. My belly button has closed not completely but it looks abnormal, and a retention suture permeates my lower abdomen. Should I just do them all over?

Breast Implant Revision and Tummy Tuck

+3

Hi Tinilady,

Sorry to hear.  It' difficult to gauge without seeing photos, but I see a lot of patients who are seeking breast or body revisions.  My best advice to you is that with revisions, it's important to consider a few things:

1) Don't go back to your original doctor.  
If you are unhappy with something minor you think your original doctor can easily remedy, that's one thing.  If you feel like there was a lot that wasn't done to your satisfaction, seek revision surgery with a surgeon who actually specializes in revisions.  There are many great surgeons out there, but very few revision specialists.  It is important to look specifically for someone who does breast implant revision work and has a lot of photos for you to see.  They are going to be more experienced in working with scar tissue, revising scars, revising belly buttons, removing and replacing implants, etc.

2) Aim for improvement, not perfection.
With a revision specialist, or any cosmetic surgery, improvement should be the goal, not perfection.  A good revision surgeon will be able to tell you what kind of improvement to expect before you decide if you want to move ahead.  

Revisions of Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation

+2

Hi there-

If you are unhappy, and you understand that achieving improvement is likely going to require surgery (even if it might be relatively minor), it would be appropriate to visit a few surgeons (including the original surgeon- who I'm sure wants you to be happy) for recommendations.

In these visits, pay close attention to the quality of their work- look at a lot of photos. Don't be fooled by fancy marketing, cute names, or low prices. You've already been unhappy with plastic surgery- don't compound your unhappiness by making bad decisions and ending up poorer and STILL unhappy.

Find the best surgeon you can and save your pennies if you have to. When you finally look your best and are happy with your appearance, the difference between their fee and what a lower priced surgeon was asking will not matter to you as much as the self-assured confidence you have gained.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation Redo

+2

I am sorry to hear about your unhappy surgical results. We have only one goal in cosmetic surgery and that is to make our patients happy as long as their expectations are realistic. The results you describe are far from the norm so I hope you get the procedures redone to your satisfaction. To make that happen you need to see an experienced surgeon that is board certified by the Amewrican Board of Plastic Surgery. There are no substitute qualifications.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast augmentation and tummy tuck

+2

From your description is sounds like you need some touch-up work.  These may be minor but without an exam I could not be sure.  Good luck.