How Long Should I Wait To Get Bigger Implants After A Tummy Tuck/BA?

I went with 325cc and feel at a size "c" that I am too small. What size implant do I need to be a "d", up one more cup size? I am 120lbs and 5"1". How long should I wait to go back for bigger implants? Does a revision cost more than original placement of the implants? Thank you, in advance, for responding.

How long should i wait before getting larger implants?

+1

You should be patient and wait at least 6 months after surgery before making any decisions. Then stand in front of a mirror and look at yourself and your overall breast size as they relate to your body.  If you still think that you would want to be larger, then you would need around ~120-150cc to go up one "cup" size but this is not exact science. Remember, bra sizes are arbitrary and are chosen by the designers so you may be a "c" in one bra but a "D" in another. Make your decision carefully and the exchange is not a big deal.  You will need to be asleep again and the implants can be exchanged without much difficulty.  Prices will probably be a little less than a first time breast augmentation.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Revision Breast Augmentation Implant Size and Timing?

+1

I would suggest that you wait at least 6 months after surgery to evaluate the end results of your surgery and whether or not you are pleased with the breast size. Hopefully you'll make this determination based on the “look” of the breasts,  not achieving a specific cup size.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between  the size of breast implants  and the resulting cup size.  This will hold true for revisionary surgery as well.

If you do decide to proceed with breast augmentation revisionary surgery, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  in your case you could use your own before breast-feeding pictures as the goal. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.