looking for the cost of a tummy tuck, and brazilian butt lift
How Much is a Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift?
Doctor Answers (6)
Tummy tuck and brazilian buttock lift
Costs can vary significantly for the combination of a tummy tuck and a brazilian buttock lift. I would not recommend making your decision based on price, but rather, the qualifications of your surgeon and the facility. Be sure to have your surgery performed by a board certified plastic surgeon in a fully accredited facility. Total fees can range anywhere from 10-20,000.
I recommend consulting with a few plastic surgeons until you find one you are comfortable with.
Costs of Surgery
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above. This also depends on if a circumferential, tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, and skin only tummy tuck is performed. These are usually less expensive in decreasing order.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
6. Add on surgeries are usually discounted, as in a mommy makeover.
7. Insurance. If an insurance based surgery, such as a hernia repair is done at the same time, the tummy tuck may be discounted.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Pablo Prichard, MD
Cost of Surgery
Thank you for your question.
Each practice's pricing differs depending on many factors, such as: the surgeon's experience, where the procedure is performed, who administers the anesthesia, if all check ups are included in the fee and more. I do not recommend looking for the lowest price because most likely, that will NOT be a board certified plastic surgeon. The experience of the surgeon is very important for a good result.
The cost for both procedures can range from $10,000-$17,000.
You might also like...
Pricing for Brazilian Butt Lifts and Tummy Tucks
Tummy Tuck pricing varies on the extent of the procedure planned and if liposuction of the waist and back is included. Having our own private operating room suite in our office allows us to be more flexible with our fees and scheduling. Our all inclusive fees for a tummy tuck and some waist lipo begin at $6800. Similarly, our Brazilian Butt Lift pricing averages $7500.
I do not recommend having these two procedures done simultaneously, as this increases the risks of blood clot formation and other complications.
How much is Brazilian Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck?
The cost is 15-20,000 for both, but you wouldn't do them at the same time.
Why? Because the post-operative positioning for a tummy tuck is opposite that for the buttock lift.
After a tummy tuck, you have to maintain a semi-flexed position, bent forward at the waist for about a week. You put pillows or supports behind your back and under your knees.
After a Brazilian Butt Lift, you have to lie on your stomach since you have had fat grafted to the buttocks. This would put you in the extended position which you cannot do after a tummy tuck.
I would suggest staging the procedures.
Tummy tuck and brazilian butt lift together cost
more important than cost, is the surgeon you pick. you get what you pay for sometimes. and that can be good and bad. experience with the procedures, photos, talking to prior patients is more important that the dollar amount.