Tummy Tuck Alternative

Hi, I am 22 years old and gave birth to my son 3 years ago. The result is a post-pregnancy pooch, wrinkles and some loose skin, but mostly under the belly button. I still look a couple months pregnant as a result. I consider myself active and have pretty strong abdominal muscles. What procedures would suit me? Ive heard of Velashape, thermage, and the mini tuck. Please tell me what is right for me. Thank you to anyone with advice.

Tummy tuck

+1
Given your profile and complaints if bulging the plication or tightening of the abdominal will help. Removal of skin and could then be done. In your case it would appear the low horizontal incision would be necessary. This is a standard incision. The use of liposuction would depend on the thickness o the hip, flank and lower back dependin on what your areas of concerns exist.

Tummy tuck or other

+1

After review of your photos, I believe you would benefit from a standard tummy tuck.  A mini tummy tuck or lipo alone will not remove the excess skin after childbirth.  Most patients are happier after a full tummy tuck vs a mini tuck.  Donald R Nunn MD  Plastic Surgeon.

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

If you have loose skin and a round belly (diastasis) which does not improve with exercise, then you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck / abdominoplasty.  There is no exercise, laser, injectable or magic wand that can completely improve diastasis or separation of the abdominal muscles leading to a round appearance.  There is also no magic wand for loose and hanging skin - only surgery can remove this.  If your problem were only extra fat, then liposuction may be an alternative.  However, with loose skin and with diastasis, tummy tuck may be your best choice.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Alternative for Tummy Tuck

+1

Tummy tuck is a great procedure to get rid of loose, excess skin as well as tightening the abdominal muscle after pregnancy.  Based on your description and photos, you would benefit from tummy tuck.  However, if you are considering having more babies in the future, you may consider liposuction.  However, liposuction will not give you the kind of contour that tummy tuck can give you.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com/tummytuck

Tummy tuck alternatives for young individuals

+1

After a pregnancy some skin looseness and stretch marks can appear, yet at age 22 there are considerations of scar, future pregnancy, to consider. The safest alternative is liposuction and exercise focusing on posture and tone. We don't have much faith in laser or Thermage.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Tummy Tuck Alternative

+1

Based on your posted photos I recommend Smart Lipo TRIPLEX operation, using the 1064,1320, 1440 wavelengths. This allows you to "flatten" your abdomen without an incision, and if you have more pregnancies there is no issue. Regards 

Tummy tuck gives the best results

+1

It is good that you know all the options, but you have to place them in order. The procedure that will get rid of the excess skin, tighten the muscle and remove the excess fat is tummy tuck. All the other options you mentioned in your question give  you an inferior results.

TUMMY TUCK ALTERNATIVES

+1

Hi Shelly,

If you desire the flattest and tightest abdominal contour, the only choice would be an Abdominoplasty including lipolysis and diastasis repair.  The other treatments you mention are not as definitive and probably not give you the results you desire.  Good luck.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck vs thermage

+1

Velashape and thermage would not give you much of a result. Some sort of abdominoplasty would give the most dramatic result. If you have minimal loose skin above the belly button, a mini tummy tuck may be an option. This may involve some liposuction, possibly some tightening of the abdominal wall, and removal of skin in the lower abdomen without a belly button incision. An exam is obviously important to assess what areas need correction.

Web reference: http://drbottger.com/body.html

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummu Tuck Alternative

+1

No one can state with certainty without an exam, but it appears that you might obtain a good result with a mini-abdominoplasty.  The main factor would be how much diastasis you have.  I personally am not a fan of Thermage.