What should I do with a tummy tuck that was agreed to go further around that has left over hangs a lumps? (photo)

I had a gastric bypass 2 years ago an have went from 271 to 136, an ins agreed to pay for a complete tummy tuck. When I went for a consultation the Dr said he would have to go further back to get the flanks tucked to so as not to leave the over hang. Now done he didn't do that. I'm on a fixed income with three handicaped kids an can't afford to pay for another surgery. Specially for what this Dr was suppose to do. What should I do? How can I fix this?

Post op question

+1

It is really too soon post-op to assess a final outcome. As hard as it is, please be patient and let the swelling resolve. Best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

You are still early in your healing

+1

but I do not see dogears in these photographs. Keep in touch with your surgeon, usually he or she will reevaluate at six months to 1 year to see if any revisions would be helpful.

Eleanor J. Barone, MD

What should I do with a tummy tuck that was agreed to go further around that has left over hangs a lumps?

+1

! Best to allow more healing and additional weight loss. Your posted photos DO NOT demomstrate the "dog ear" deformity..

+1

You appear to be very early in the healing process with a great deal of swelling. I do not see anything other than a good result at this early date.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

? dog ears

+1

Dear Danielle.

Congrats on the wt loss. Insurance never pay for tt's. What they cover is a pinniculectomy. That is removal of excess lower abdominal skin without tightening the muscles or contouring. They may say they do but that is tomake you happy. What your ps has done actually looks excellent. He also transposed your bb which is typically not done in a panniculectomy (although I do it quite frequently). The overhang that you have is not too bad, but would require a lower body lift to get rid of it. Again not covered by insurance.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon