Tummy Tuck or Aggressive Lipo W/ my BBL? (photo)

Hi I have went to a few consult & keep getting different answers. I know that my tummy is big & i do have some stretch marks so if i get lipo only it wont look perfect. but i really hate the scar that a tummy tuck leaves so im trying to figure out if it will retract enough for me to be happy with just lipo & if not, do any of the tightening treaments really work?

Lipo or Tummy Tuck?

+2

I think that ultimately a tummy tuck will give you the best improvement in your shape. First, though, I would suggest losing weight. If you are unable to lose weight, than you may want to consider a two stage procedure. First, aggressive liposuction, during which time you would have your BBL. Then, 3-6 months later return for the tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/html/breast-augmentation-procedure.html

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction? (photo)

+2

Wow, you already have some great answers!  Realself.com is a wonderful tool that empowers patients with knowledge, understanding, and critical perspective to make important decisions.

My recommendation is to focus on the body/result you want.  Some elements of your figure can be changed, and some cannot.  You have great curves, a narrow waist, and if you're through having children, will get a GREAT abdominoplasty result without bad scar.  You have a long xiphoid to umbilicus distance, a shorter umbilicus to symphysis distance, and significant post partum abdominal wall relaxation.  This allows the surgeon to place your scar very low, and shaped so it will be hidden behind even the type of intimate wear in your submitted photos.

PLEASE do NOT rely on surgery alone to achieve your goals.  Consider for your own long term benefit and happiness a major, but very rewarding lifestyle change.  You appear to have fallen victim to the huge American food marketing and merchandising machine, great for corporate profits, but very harmful to your health.  Think about it:  The more you buy at the supermarket, the more processing involved in the food you eat, and the more you eat out at restaurants, the more money SOMEBODY (or many people) earn.  BREAK THIS CYCLE.  FIGHT BACK.  GO LEAN.  Get some great nutrition education, enroll in professionally supervised weight loss program, get serious about fitness, and cultivate habits that will keep you healthy and beautiful for life!  Set goals, and relentlessly engage until you have achieved them.  DON'T GET LIPO, YOU WON'T BE HAPPY.  When you drop weght, your internal omental and mesenteric fat diminishes, and compliance of your abdominal wall increases.  Your tummy tuck result will be SUPERCHARGED, and SEXY, if you go to the right surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Weight control prevents dissters before any lypo and TT

+2

as watching  your photos you should loose at least , no less than 18 to 20 pounds before any kind of  surgery, remember  lypo it is not to loose weigh,t if not to loose seizes. i would rather  choose to realize  a nice procedure doing a complete TT with lypo to get a  nice  result besides  a medium result  realizong  only lypo

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck vs Liposuction alone

+2

I would first recommend stabilizing your weight. If your weight is stable, and you wish to proceed, liposuction alone will leave you very unhappy. I would recommend combining liposuction and a tummy tuck to maximize your results, a procedure called a lipoabdominoplasty, one which is safe and highly effective! Make sure your surgeon is a palstic surgeon and performs tummy tucks, often people will see providers that are not surgeons and all they have to offer is liposuction, be sure your surgeon is board certified and has experince in all cosmetic procedures. Good luck

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring

+2

The absolute best thing you can do is to lose weight before you do anything else. First, it will make you a better candidate for any surgery that you might anticipate. Second, your results will be better and the risks will be less and thirdly, you run the real risk of recurrence of the excess skin and fat if you do not learn how to manage your calories in vs out. Give it a real try for 6 months then reassess the situation.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+2

Liposuction removes the fat under the skin.

The fat inside the belly (visceral fat( will not be affected. Loose skin will become wavey and irrigular with liposuction alone. excess folding skin will get worse with liposuction.

You need to loose weight first. Then consider body contouring with Tummy Tuck and Liposuction.

Tummy tuck vs liposuction to abdomen

+2

Thanks for the great pictures, it helps.  I do not think you would be happy with liposuction alone as you appear to have a good deal of muscle weakness with pooching.  I would also reccomend some more weight loss prior to surgery it will really help in your final result. You need to ask those surgeons who might be suggesting liposuction to discuss their opinion on your muscle status and why they do not feel it needs to be addressed.  Good luck.

Abdominoplasty

+1

I think you need first to loose some weight and do abdominoplasty after, liposuction will  make the appearance worse

Saudi Arabia Plastic Surgeon

Too heavy for Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

+1

Unfortunately, you do not give your height or weight but you appear overweight.  This puts you at a higher risk for surgery.  At liposuction only 11 lbs can be removed unless you want to be hospitalized or undergo possible transfusions.  My advice is diet and exercise.  Low fat diests reduce weight and exercise, particularly of the abdominal wall, can result in decreased weight.  Unfortunately, diets are only effective while the patient is on them and once they leave the diet they return to their original weight.  I suggest you contact someone who is interested in bariatric medicine to help you.  After you have lost weight you will need a tummy tuck because your skin will hang from loss of abdominal fat.  There is a new technique (Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement) that helps reduce weight and maintains the reduced weight.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/profiles/weight-loss-surgery-as-systems-engineering

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Aggressive Lipo is not a substitute for Tummy Tuck

+1

I am sure most surgeons agree that if possible you will need to lose weight for the best possible result followed by a tummy tuck once your weight has plateaued.. An exam is then necessary to determine how much superficial fat you have to remove and the resting tone of your abdominal muscles.