Tummy Tuck After Weight Loss? Male, 23 Year Old. (photo)

I'm a 23-year-old male who has lost about a 100 lbs since I was 15 (70% of it being from the 15-17 range). I currently weight 185 at 6'3" and I feel like I should look a lot thinner around my midsection. My ribs even show, but I have a squishy midsection. I feel like I could lose more weight, but do I need a tummy tuck to achieve a more toned appearance? Also, would doing that affect my body hair? I've thought about this for a really long time, and I'd greatly appreciate an opinion. Thanks!

Tummy tuck after 100 lb weight loss

+2

Congratulation on loosing the weight and getting yourself fit! The pictures that you posted show that you have made tremendous progress.  At this point it really isn't about weight anymore its about removing the excess skin.  By having a tummy tuck with liposuction of your flanks.  You will see a massive improvement to your mid section.  You might benefit from doing a beltectomy with the tummy tuck to remove the love handles.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to get an expert opinion.

Good luck, and thank you for the question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Felicitaciones por bajar de peso y mejorar su forma. Sus fotos ensenan que usted ha hecho tremendo progreso. Ahora ya no tiene que ver solo con el peso pero si remover el exceso de piel atraves de una abdominoplastia con liposuccion de la cintura y usted va a ver una mejoria masiva del area del abdomen. Usted puede tener un mejor resultado sometiendose a un levantamiento de la parte baja de la espalda (beltectomy) para remover los rollos de grasa. Por favor haga una cita con un  cirujano plastic certificado para tener la opinion de un experto.

Suerte y gracias por su pregunta.

Atentamente,

Anire Okpaku MD

Good Candidate for Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and photos.

Congratulations on the weight loss!  If you think you can lose more weight, it will be in your best interest to do so prior to surgery.

At that time, I believe that you will be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery.  The surgery will serve to remove the excess skin and adipose tissue as well as putting the separated abdominal muscles back together again.

Please visit with well experienced, board certified plastic surgeons who can show you examples of their work.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Full tummy tuck would be the ideal procedure

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Congratulations on the weight loss.  As your photo have shown and you have described you have excess skin and soft tissue laxity of your abdomen.  A full tummy tuck would be needed to remove this excess laxity.  Doing so would require an incision near your pubic bone and going from hip to hip.  Your body hair would not really be affected other than being a little lower down on your abdomen.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

Hello

+1
Congratulations on losing the weight. The only way to get rid of excess skin is to do a dermalipectomy removal of abdomen skin. A man tummy tuck.

Tummy Tuck Following Weight loss

+1

You should be very proud of your weight loss achievement. You are at a good weight for your height and with the redundant skin left after your massive weight loss, you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.

Tummy tuck after losing 100 pounds

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Based on your photos, it appears that you do have some loose skin around your midsection. It's good that you've waited a significant amount of time after losing the weight to allow the skin to shrink. At this point, it's probably shrunk as much as it's going to, so it seems that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck now.

The tummy tuck scar is placed as low as possible so it's covered by most clothing. Usually, all skin (and hair) below the belly button is removed, then the skin above the belly button is pulled down.

I advise you to meet with at least one board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your situation in more detail.  Congratulations again on your weight loss and I wish you all the best!

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck after Significant Weight Loss

+1

The skin frequently does not contract after significant weight loss, even in the young, as is your case. The only way to "tone" your abdomen is with an abdominoplasty. This tightens the lax muscles and removes the excess skin. It will reduce the amount of abdominal hair, but this is a minor price to pay for the improvement. See a plastic surgeon that has significant experience in these procedures.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Body Contouring surgery is associated with high rate of patient satisfaction

+1

Hi there-

You sound, and appear to be, an excellent candidate for improvement in your body contour.

I would caution you against mentally committing to any particular procedure based only on internet research however, as it may be that after you locate an excellent surgeon and visit for a consultation, he/she recommends something different than what you have read about.

Understanding that your goals sound reasonable and that you appear to be a good candidate, your next step should be finding the rich professional to perform your surgery.

Web reference: http://www.realself.com/find/Florida/Orlando/Plastic-Surgeon/Armando-Soto#photo-207537

Include Liposuction with your Tummy Tuck

+1

There is no question that a tummy tuck will remove the loose skin in your lower abdomen.  Your side photo reveals a lot of fat around the edges that liposuction will improve.  Go for it! After your weight loss, you deserve it! Good Luck!  Don't worry about the hair.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after weight loss

+1

I think you should consider surgery, it will give you 80% of what you are looking for. Expect a long scar, and let you hair cover it. Surgery should not affect your hair to any significant degree.