Can You Have Tummy Tuck After SLIM Lipo

If one is not satisfied with SLIM Lipo and still has sagging skin, can they then have a tummy tuck?

Having a tummy tuck after SLIM Lipo

+1

A tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure to contour the abdomen, create a tight waist, and remove extra skin, fat, and stretch marks.

As I am sure you have noticed there are many different flavors of liposuction and new ones are invented every day. The most important factor in getting a great result with liposuction is patient selection. In our practice, we have seen many patients that have presented after having received Slim Lipo or smart Lipo but have not been satisfied with the limited results. For these patients, it is possible to perform a tummy tuck to create the results they were initially looking for. However, as you have had surgery in your abdomen your internal anatomy has been somewhat altered. For this reason, it is essential that the only work with a plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in liposuction, tummy tucks, and body contouring. Such a surgeon will be able to evaluate you, understand the limitations that your body may present and perform a tummy tuck safely.

Tummy after lipo

+1

If there is loose skin then there is no question you need to have it surgically removed.i would Wait enough time for all the swelling to go down and then go for it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after slim lipo

+1

A tummy tuck can be completed following slim lipo but it may produce some scarring making the tummy tuck slightly more difficult to achieve.

Dissatisfied with SLIM lipo

+1

I don't know what slim lipo is, but it sounds like some type of laser lipo that promises the world and doesn't deliver.  You can have a tummy tuck but I would wait at least 3 and possibly six months before proceeding with the surgery.  A qualified board certified plastic surgeon in most cases would know if you need a tummy tuck or liposuction.  I would go back and speak to your doctor and see what can be done.  I am also curious if you pushed the issue to avoid the surgery so as not to have a much longer recovery time.  Good luck with your decision.  I have a feeling based on your name you will not be happy with the 4-6 weeks out of the gym.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after mistaken liposuction

+1

You are another in a growing list of patients who have been deceived into thinking they can have a fancy new lipo procedure and avoid a tummy tuck.  Lipo of ANY kind will not treat lax skin to a significant degree and replace your need for a TT.  Now you have spent too much money and the result might be compromised by having had the liposuction.  Not impossible to do but not as easy as if you hadn't done the lipo.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck can help when liposuction fails to please

+1

Liposuction in all of its forms can slim and shape the abdomen, though the effect can be limited by skin laxity and loss of elasticity, or a lax muscular foundation as well. If your liposuction has not helped as much as you had hoped, tummy tuck can tighten the abdominal muscles and correct the skin laxity not improved with liposuction alone.

peterejohnsonmd

Tummy tuck works well after liposuction

+1

Hi.

Tummy tuck can even be easier and give better results after liposuction.  But wait at least four months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Can You Have Tummy Tuck After SLIM Lipo

+1

After at least 3 months healing time than the tissue should be soft enough to allow a TT. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Yes

+1

Even better -- don't waste your time on the Slim Lipo and just do a tummy tuck.. If you have excess skin, liposution will NOT take it away.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy Tuck After Liposuction

+1

You can definitely consider a tummy tuck after your liposuction.  However, I would wait 3-6 months after your liposuction treatment before proceeding with a tummy tuck to give time for all your post liposuction swelling to truly resolve.  However, you will may be at slightly  increased risk for delayed healing. In addition, given the scarring from your lipo procedure (which may not be visible to you now), a tummy tuck could potentially unmask deformities that were created from your previous smart lipo procedure. This is why it is imperative you visit with an ASPS member surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS