Would I Need a Tummy Tuck After Getting Lipo from a Bbl? (photo)

my skin isnt really thick, and i do have some cellulite on my stomach, im worried that after the lipo i get from the bbl i will have saggy/wrinkly skin. or should i be fine? and if i do need a tt, would i be able to get the bbl first then the tt, i just think i would have better results if i did it that way so when after i heal and go for the tt i can lipo any remaining parts im unhappy with? idk :/ ..... ps im about 5'1 and weigh between 148-150

Tummy tuck or Brazilian Butt Lift

+3

The liposuction portion of the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure will really improve your curves and make your waist smaller.  It will not get rid of any loose skin that you have however.  The only way to do that is with a tummy tuck.  I think your plan to have the Brazilian Butt Lift, see how your skin reacts and then potentially have a tummy tuck if necessary in the future is a conservative and very good plan.  Good luck.

BBL

+2

I would do the BBL first before the tummy tuck since i would have all of the lower abdominal fat that would be discarded in your case as a donor site. You may not want the tummy tuck after you see the results

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Brazilian butt lift

+2

I agree with the previous answers. The exam will be important. If you need a tummy tuck then I would get both surgeries together. Bbl in my practice is combined with other procedures with good success. There also is a cost benefit as well as only having to recovery from one surgery

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Skin Problems After Liposuction?

+2

It is very difficult to tell you that from a photo.  The answer depends on a physical exam. The exam determines the health of your skin to see if it will shrink back after liposuction.  During your consultation with your PS he/she will be able to determine if your liposuction will result in wrinkling of the skin.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tummy Tuck after Brazilian Buttlift

+2

I do not think that you would need a tummy tuck after Brazilian buttlift.  However, an exam is necessary to determine this.  Not every Brazilian buttlift is the same.  I liposuction the outpatient maximum of 5 liters, and I transfer 1200 cc to 1500 cc per buttock.  Find the board certified plastic surgeon with the BEST credentials who has performed hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts.

T tuck and bbl

+1

Hello. . It is difficult to give you an exact answer without examining you.  If there is loose skin and you are not planning for any more children I would recommend. Doing a bbl and tummy tuck at the same time ...using all of your fat and performing the Abdominoplasty at the same time. Good luck

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Buttock fat grafting and tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  You can choose to have the buttock fat grafting at the same time as a tummy tuck or you can stage them.  Whether you will "need" a tummy tuck will depend on what you desire to have your abdomen look like.  I think having the buttock fat grafting performed first and then reevaluating the need for a tummy tuck later is a great choice.  As you have mentioned you will get the chance to decide whether you really want the tummy tuck and you will have an additional chance to either liposuction ceertain areas and/or get additinoal fat placed in your buttocks.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Would I Need a Tummy Tuck After Getting Lipo from a Bbl?

+1

Thanks for the question.  From the photos I can not make out your age which is very important factor other than the quality of your skin if it will shrink enough after lipo.  In my practice I would advice someone like you based on the  photos that just go for liposuction and if you sincerely use increasingly tight pressure garments for 3 months skin will shrink to good color and texture and TT will not be needed. A good BBL needs large amount of fat may be up to 1.5 liter of fat on each side and that sort of fat I don't see on your tummy seeing these photos. Even if you get some enhancement of Butt with loss of fat from you tummy I think you should be happy. I have not seen your butt and therefore can not say that it will be good enough for you or not. 

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon