Is a Tummy Tuck After Laser Lipo Possible?

I've had 4 kids. After the twins, I have "twin skin" (crinkly skin) on my upper & lower abdomen. I had laser lipo 6 mths ago on my upper abs. I am left with a "dent" above my belly button on the left side. I'm now considering a tummy tuck. The PS I'm seeing is concerned about the quality of my skin (where the dent is) and potential damage to the blood vessels underneath because of the laser lipo. Has anyone had a similar dent (aka contour abnormality) and had a tummy tuck after the Laser Lipo?

Tummy Tuck after Laser Lipo Dent at 6 months

+1

A full tummy tuck may be able to be performed safely after six months, but that is difficult to determine without an examination.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Tt after laser lipo

+1

Hi,

thanks for the question. it sounds like you are in good hands. always better to pick a PS who is cautious. the longer you wait from the laser to the tt, the less the risk. As you heal, new bloodvessels and collateral circulation develop to help with any areas that may have been compromised. 

it also seems like you would have been better off with a tt to start with. all to often, laser lipo centers advertise magical results with no complications. many of these centers are run by NON PS doctors who have NO business doing liposuction. A weekend course does NOT make you an expert. At anything. 

before surgery: good common sense advice: 

no smoking

no aspirin / motrin

eat healthy

avoid diet supplements

vitamins are ok

high fiber: the pain meds cause terrible constipation. 

best wishes to you. 

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck after Laser Lipo: Beware

+1

Lasers use thermal energy to liquify the fat, but unfortunately it can also burn your blood vessels.  I'm so glad that you are seeing plastic surgeon that is aware of the dangers of laser liposuction followed by or combined with a tummy tuck.  Those are real concerns.  I have performed several TTs after laser liposuction, but do a much more conservative approach in an effort to avoid complications.  It sounds like you are in well-trained, well-informed, conservative, and competent hands. 

Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is not rare to do a TT after abdominal liposuction does not achieve the patients goals. After six months there should be no remain issues of vascularity. 

The dent may be transferred lower onto the abdomen, so consideration of a small amount of fat grafting might be worthwhile. 

All the best.