Tummy Tuck After 3 C-section and Hysterectomy?

I'm 34 years old with 3 young children all delivered via c-section. During my last pregnancy, I had a condition called Placenta Accreta that required the doctors to perform a partial hysterectomy. I was left with a vertical scar on my belly. I'm 5'2" and 130 lbs but trying to loose another 10 lbs. I'm tired of people asking me if I'm pregnant. Should I try lipo or tummy tuck? Can a tummy tuck be performed using my previous hysterectomy incision? Thanks!

Tummy tuck and hysterectomy

+2

Its important to be at a stable weight before having a tummy tuck. That will give you your very best results. Lipo will likely not give you dramatic results and your hysterectomy scar may either be used or made better depending on the orientation and location of the scar. 

Tummy tuck after c-sections and hysterectomy

+2

can do wonders for your body contours.  Your description of a protruding tummy sounds like your tummy was stretched out and could benefit from muscle plication.  You should ee a board certified or board eligible plastic surgeon to help guide you through this process and to come up with a plan to address all of your issues.

Please keep working on losing any excess weight but it is more important that you are able to maintain your weight with your activities and eating habits in order for you to keep the result that you obtain from your surgery.  Best wishes!

Curtis Wong, MD

Tummy tuck not lipo after multiple c-sections

+2

A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) will remove the excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and very likely remove all of the vetical scar, leaving only a bikini line scar that can be concealed. After 3 pregnancies and especially given your description, lipo alone does not sound like an option.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy tuck after 3 C-sections

+1

Dear Djbezerra,

It is important to note that the ideal approach is to achieve the right weight before getting a tummy tuck performed.

It sounds like you are a candidate for this procedure but I encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified surgeon of ample experience.

Your vertical scar is to be considered of course and depending how much skin you have and its laxity, this scar could be addressed.

Nonetheless, without photographs and examination it is hard to make a definitive decision.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best of wishes to you.
Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Without photos it is tough to say but I would imagine a full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Without photos it is tough to say but I would imagine a full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck verses Liposuction

+1

Your concerns may be able to be addressed but a picture would help give a more specific direction.  Speaking in general, liposuction could be performed but it sound like due to your pregnancies that the abdominal wall has been stretched and that a tummy tuck would be best.  Depending on the amount of excess skin and the position of the vertical scar the scar may be removed.  The best advice is to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon for consultation and exam.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tummy tuck question

+1

From your very good description I am  99% sure that liposuction is not the answer. The muscles that were cut and cut from surgery need to be tightened. You most likely are a good tummy tuck candiidate. Feel free to see our web site for more information. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty vs Liposuction

+1

Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is probably going to give you the best result considering your past c-section.  The procedure will not be able to be performed using the same incision line because of vertical incision but if your main concern is people asking you if you are still pregnant then I think an abdominoplasty to tighten the muscle and take away any loose skin would be the best procedure for you!

John Hensel, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck After Multiple C-sections

+1

Certainly having multiple C-sections through a transverse incision should have no deleterious effects on a subsequent TT, but your vertical scar could be a factor (not likely).  Consult a BC plastic surgeon with whom you discuss your options.

John Whitt, MD

Tummy Tuck after C-section

+1

(Video included - click "more" below to view) Tuck tuck are performed via an incision across the lower abdomen. If you have had a c-section, this scar is usually removed. If you have a midline scar, running up and down the middle of the abdomen, the portion below the belly button is removed during a tummy tuck A tummy tuck will allow your board certified plastic surgeon to removal excess skin and superficial fat from the lower abdomen and tighten the underlying muscles. Liposuction only removed fat, so if the roundness of your belly is due to excess skin or muscle weakness, liposuction is not the best choice.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon