Tummy Tuck Advice Please!

I am 47, 5”5’ and I weight 117. I have had two children, but even with them I only gained 20 pounds. I carry all extra weight in my abdomen. I had breast implant in 2007 and an having a breast lift and tummy tuck. I am ready to go I would appreciate advice on the tummy tuck. I went to a plastic surgeon and he said I do not have enough extra skin for a full tummy tuck. He recommended a mini tummy tuck, lipo on my stomach and flanks as well as muscle repair. Thank you for

Mini or regular TT

+3

Hi Star. Not to try to confuse you but I believe you would get a better result with a full TT. You might be left with a short (1 inch) vertical scar in the pubic area, but overall you will be much happier. Your body will be more taught and better defined. Your belly button will definitely be in a better position.

Good luck

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck would be best

+2

Based on this photo, I think you would benefit most from a full tummy tuck as your lower abdominal skin with stretch marks appears loose. A mini- tummy tuck may not give you as good a result as a full tummy tuck will. You may consider getting a second opinion and have another plastic surgeon examine you just to be certain.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Tummy Tuck Advice Please!

+2

I think a mini-TT alone would be less than adequate for the problem. An exam is essential to choose between the full and mini, or the "hybrid" procedures in between. 

A mini will only address that part of the abdomen below the navel, and it looks from these photos like there is skin excess above the navel, and  that there is abdominal wall laxity above the navel. Perhaps a second opinion is in order. 

All the best. 

In-person advice best for tummy tuck recommendation

+2

We say this all the time but in your case it is especially true: Only a plastic surgeon who has personally seen you can give you accurate advice on deciding about a mini, mini with an umbi float, standard, or standard with a small inverted "T" abdominoplasty. The decision about muscle repair especially requires an examination, as does lipo since it is important to distinguish between fat under the skin and fat inside the abdomen.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+2

From your photos, it appears you would benefit from a tummy tuck, and, perhaps a "full abdominoplasty," but it is impossible to be certain which technique would be optimal without a physical examination. I would suggest scheduling a second opinion to see if a full tummy tuck is possible to maximally flatten your abdomen and remove as many stretch marks as possible.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+2

Good Afternoon!

Always difficult tot say without an exam, but looking at your photos I think you are a great candidate for a full abdominoplasty.  Your photos show diffuse laxity both above and below the umbilicus as well as diffuse stria and excess tissue.  I would consider getting at least one more opinion before committing to a mini tummy tuck.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

You should do great with a TT

+1

I think you would do great with a Tummy Tuck and at the most, you may end up with a small verticle scar down very low on the tummy where your old belly button scar ends up....But I think the rewards far outweigh the downside, and you could get your tummy tightened all the way up!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck ?

+1

Thank you for your pictures.  An exam would be most prudent.  A full tummy tuck probably would be a better option.  Seek a consultation a BC PS.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS