Tummy Tuck to Get Rid of Abdomen Fat and Love Handles on Male?

I have had gynocomastia corrective operation done. I used to weigh 220 pounds, but through diet and exercise i now weight 161 pounds. No matter what i do, i am unable to get rid of the flab on my abdomen and love handles. Should i get a tummy tuck done?

Tummy tuck male

+1

If you have excess skin, then the only way to get rid of it would be through removing it. This would contour the area as well as narrow your waist with the muscle repair that I do. Body contouring is one of my specialties. I am president of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons. Also, bewcause of the economy, I am offering a temporary price reduction. Pleae watch my videos!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Loose belly skin and "love handles" following tummy tuck

+1

Your situtation would require either:1) tummy tuck with agressive liposuctionof hips or 2) circumferential belt dermolipectomy. Discuss the proper procedure with a qualified surgeon,

Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck after 60 pound Weight Loss

+1

Your photograph is fuzzy and hard to evaluate.  I would recommend Liposuction first since it would remove all residual tummy fat and if done anatomically and differentially could well define your serratus rectus junction as well as the mid-line. There MAY be sufficient skin re draping and apparent shrinkage to satisfy you. If it does not, the next step would be a Tummy Tuck which would need to be extended but would totally flatten your tummy (with relocation of the belly button) but at the cost of a rather long transverse scar.

You need to be seen and evaluated

+1

It is impossible to tell without seeing you and evaluating how much extra skin and fat there really is. The photo is not good enough to tell.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy tuck vs. liposuction for abdomen and love handles

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! Men are more likely than women to get potbellies, even when they exercise. In the tummy tuck, the skin from the rib cage down to the pelvic area is tightened, and the navel is moved up and secured in a new position. Nine times out of ten I use liposuction, not a lift or tuck, to resculpt a man's body.

One reason is that men's skin tends to contract especially well after lipo. The most popular areas for male liposuction are the abdomen and chest. To reduce love handles or a "beer gut", a tiny incision is made in the navel and the fat is suctioned out with a cannula, a small probing tube attached to a vacuum. Liposuction is a quick, relatively painless way of resculpting the body. While you'll need to continue to watch your weight, one thing is for sure: The fat will never gather in the same spot again.

If you have any hanging skin, you might be a candidate for a non-invasive procedure called Thermage (no incision!) that can tighten skin and stimulate your body to make healthier collagen—the building block that provides structure to your skin. The procedure uses radiofrequency technology called ThermaCool® that has been clinically proven to tighten and gently lift skin. Fast and easy, Thermage requires no downtime from normal activities. And unlike laser treatments, Thermage can be performed on patients of all skin types. Thermage can be used not only for sagging facial, neck, and eyelid skin; but also all over the body, including the abdomen. Tighten and lift without surgery, injections, or downtime.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD