I'm 5'2" and 190lbs and in good heath. Am I a candidate for a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

Hello I am 5'2" and 190lbs. I work out 4-6days a week and according to my Dr besides the weight category I'm in I am in good health. Would I be a good candidate for a tummy tuck? I have attached a picture. Thank You

Tummy tuck

+1
I think that you could be a suitable candidate for a tummy tuck.  When I see your height and weight my first thought though is that if you wait you would be happier.  You could have a significant improvement with surgery now.  If you were to loose more weight then you could have an even greater result.  The best time for a tummy tuck is when you are at your ideal weight (that you can maintain) and your surgeon can sculpt your body for shape.  A tummy tuck is not a weight loss procedure as much as it is a contouring surgery.
Dr Rodger Shortt
Plastic Surgeon Oakville

I'm 5'2" and 190lbs and in good heath. Am I a candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

+1
A tummy tuck (with muscle repair) with liposuction of the flanks would provide for an excellent result.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

+1
From the posted picture, you seem to be a good candidate for abdominoplasty with liposuction to your hips and flanks. 
I agree with my colleagues. Losing some weight down to ~ 160 lbs, will optimize your result and the long term outcome. Good luck. 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

+1
Hi There,

Thank-you for your question.
Yes you are a good candidate. I would do liposuction of the mid abdomen and tighten the underlying muscle sheets.
You probably could benefit from liposuction of the flanks as well.

Hope this helped!

Mansour Bendago, FRCSC

Timing for Tummy Tuck

+1
If you are working out 5 days a week, it is likely that you are at a stable weight that is healthy for you.  There is a small 'concern' that you could lose weight after the tummy tuck, but I doubt that even a substantial weight-loss would leave you with loose abdominal skin after a well-executed tummy tuck.  If you feel that your weight is now stable, you should 'go for it'!

Michael Kreidstein, MD

+1
Yes but you would obtain a better result if your weight was in the 160 range in my opinion. Try to lose that extra 30 to 40 pounds... 

Tummy tuck

+1
Thanks for the photo.
I think that you would benefit from a tummy tuck. 
I think that the best results would be achieved after some weight loss. This will be difficult but would make a huge difference.
You are at risk for thick scars so make sure that you get maximal scar treatment as early as possible 

Good Candidate

+1
Thank you for your picture.  It appears that a tummy tuck and some thoughtful liposuction can be very beneficial to you.  Consult with several board certified plastic surgeons.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS,FACS

Good candidate for an abdominoplasty.

+1
It looks as though you would benefit dramatically from abdominoplasty. You may want to consider liposuction of the waist as well as the bra rolls in conjunction with that procedure.

It is best to be closer to your ideal weight before having tummy tuck

+1
congratulations on your working out in good health.  I have no doubt that you will be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.

Based on your photo however you will have a much better tummy tuck result in experience if you can lose more weight.

When there is excess fat beneath the skin it is impossible to pull the tummy tight.  The result is if you have your tummy tuck now you will likely lose weight afterwards and the loose skin will come back.  Generally speaking a BMI of 30 or 32 is best before having a tummy tuck procedure.