What Tummy Tuck is Best for 30 Year Old Mother?

I'm from Ohio, 30 yr old mother of 14, 2, and 1 year old. I have saggy belly that hangs looks like an old lady's belly with stretch marks from the navel down to pubic area. What kind of Tummy Tuck should I get? How much is the average cost?

Full, mini, marriage abdominoplasty (tummy tuck): Which one?

+2

Given the description of your condition, I would recommend a full tummy tuck. This would eliminate much of the loose skin and allow tightening/repositioning of your lax abdominal muscles. I have prepared a video for your to review which illustrates the procedure and demonstrates the result.

What's the best type of tummy tuck

+1

Dear Mamaa,

The type of tummy tuck depends on how much skin excess you have. Flex forward at your waist, and see where the skin fold from your excess abdominal skin stops. If it is near your hip bones, then a standard tummy tuck works great. If it is further back, most likely an extended tummy tuck would work for you. I have a full explanation of the different types on my site - have a look.

Dr.B

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck for Sagging Abdomen

+1

An abdomen with sagging skin around the belly button and the lower portion of the abdomen requires a full, standard tummy tuck. An incision is made across the lower abdomen from anterior to anterior hip. The belly button is incised and left attached to the abdominal wall. The skin flap is lifted off the abdominal wall up to the ribs and sternum. The rectus or 6-pack muscles are repaired in the midline and occasionally along the sides. Finally the abdominal skin flap is pulled down and the excess removed. A new site for the umbilicus is made and all the incisions are closed.

A tummy tuck is a straight forward procedure. The key is the belly button. Most plastic surgeons 99% make a round hole and stitch the belly button to it. This gives a lousy looking belly button because the belly button is not round, it's oval with a hood at the top. I make mine to suit this look. The belly button is the focal point of the abdomen so don't accept the usual closure. Go to a surgeon who knows how to make an aesthetically pleasing belly button.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Full abdominoplasty with muscle repair best for saggy tummy with stretch marks

+1

From your decription it sounds as though you will need a full abdominoplasty with muscle repair. Of course you need to be examined by a board cefrtified plastic surgeon to be certain.

A full abdominoplasty is different from a mini tummy tuck in that the muscles can be repaired and both upper and lower abdomen will be tightened.

In addition, most of the stretch marks can be removed.

An important difference from the mini is that your umbilicus (belly button) will be repositioned and thus there will be a small scar on the belly button.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck for 30 year old mom

+1

If the question is what would be the best solution for: a mother of three with "saggy belly that hangs looks like an old lady's belly with stretch marks from the navel down to pubic area"? The only reasonable answer is Standard abdominoplasty with muscle repair and maximal removal of defective damaged skin.

Any attempt to circumvent or bypass a standard abdominoplasty in favor of a "mini" technique would result in a disappointing result for you.

As far as the cost goes, the price would vary significantly depending on where you have it done. It would be more expensive in New York, Chicago and LA where everything is more expensive than smaller cities.

I suggest you pick several surgeons, review them on www.plasticsurgery.org and see them. Go with the one you are most comfortable with and you will not be sorry.

Good Luck.

Full or Mini Abdominoplasty

+1

From your description it sounds like a full or traditional abdominoplasty makes sense and will likely get you the best result. There are very few patients that have had three children that get a satisfactory or good result after a mini abdominoplasty.

In general a full abdominoplasty allows the surgeon to remove the excess skin and tighten the abdominal wall from top to bottom. Depending on your particular anatomy liposuction may be suggested to enhance the result.

The total cost including operating room, anesthesia, supplies and professional fees can range from $7500 to $15,000.

John E. Gross, MD

Mini tuck vs. full tummy tuck

+1

Mini tucks offer minimal relief only, with almost no removal of extra skin. They are for minimal problems only, not for loose fascia and not for lots of loose skin. In my opinion they are best reserved for full scar revisions of C-section incisions and in that capacity are very effective.

I hardly ever perform a mini lift where only the lower abdominal fascia is tightened. This can produce a characteristic deformity where the upper abdomen bulges and the lower abdomen does not, the so-called "mini tuck look"

The hybrid tummy tuck (R) tightens the entire fascia but still removes only a small amount of skin, so is not for women with large amounts of extra skin.

For the vast majority of patients who have very noticeable looseness of the skin, especially above the umbilicus, a full tummy tuck in one of its many variants will give patients their best results.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Full abdominoplasty

+1

From your description, you are likely a good candidate for a full abdominoplasty with muscle plication. This will help shape your abdomen and remove all of the redundant skin and likely all of the stretch marks. Cost really depends on your location/city and the surgeon that you are seeing. Expect something between $8000 to $15,000, but prices can vary greatly. Good luck with your surgery

David Shafer, MD

You are a perfect candidate

+1

For a full tummy tuck. It sounds like you need the excess skin removed and the abdominal muscles tightened. Do not opt for a mini -- with three children and weight loss a standard TT sounds right.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

A real tummy tuck is almost always better than a mini tuck

+1

The proper application of the mini tummy tuck should be much more rare than the full tummy tuck.  What you need sounds like a full tummy tuck because it will remove much more of the damaged skin you have and will better tighten the muscles.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS