Tummy Tuck for a 22 Year Old Mother of 2?

I'm 22, and I have two small boys. I have no plans of ever having more children, and have been considering a tummy tuck. What's the difference between a full tummy tuck and a mini one? I have wayyy too many stretch marks (you can't really see them too well in the pictures, but trust me..they are EVERYWHERE!) and this flab of skin that hangs over my jeans. I've done every exercise in the world trying to tighten it and it just wont go away. Do you think it is the right option for me?

Forget you ever heard of a mini tummy tuck!

+1
From your lateral photo, you would need a full tummy tuck.  This would allow your surgeon to remove as many stretch marks as possible and also tighten your lax abdominal muscles. 

If................if, you found yourself pregnant in the future, the tummy tuck would not likely interfere with your pregnancy and I have had several patients over the years who found themselves with a surprise baby.  And in a few cases, their abdomen snapped back beautifully. 

Forget about mini

+1

you will have a nice result with a true tummy tuck with muscle tightening, which will give you a nice groove on your upper abdomen, and flatten the lower as well. don't consider a mini, will be a wrong choice.

Adil Ceydeli, MD
Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck vs. Mini tummy tuck

+1

Based on your description, you would get a better cosmetic result from a full tummy tuck.  Although tummy tuck can have a longer recovery, it will provide a more powerful result.  Tummy tuck addresses not only removing the excess skin and fat but also tightening the muscle from the upper and lower abdominal muscle.  Mini tummy tuck will only address the lower abdomen.  If you are done with having babies and medically healthy, visit board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for consultation.

Sugene Kim, MD

Choosing among different tummy tuck options: mini versus full >>>See attached web page link for numerous similar results.

+1

From this picture and you're description, I would likely recommend an extended tummy tuck which is depicted in a video on the attached link. There are other videos at the bottom of the page whcih illustrate another extended result.

Tummy Tuck Results

+1

Based on the pictures, you look like you would benefit from an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  During this procedure, the excess skin will be excised and the underlying muscles tightened.  However, you would need a complete evaluation in person before deciding on which procedure is best for you.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

A Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty would be just right for you.

+1

A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty will remove the excess skin and fat from your stomach as well as tighten the muscles to make the contour flatter.

There are several different types of tummy tuck as I illustrate on my web site. Determining what would be best for you can only be done by examination in the doctors office.

I think you will be pleased with the results of any tummy tuck you get, but you want to be sure to have the optimal technique used.

G. Gregory Gallico, III, MD, FACS
Associate Professor, Plastic Surgery
Massachusetts General Hospital
170 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
Tel: 617-267-5553
Fax: 617-267-5507
ggallico@partners.org

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

Tummy Tuck is an Excellent Option

+1

Hi there-

Based on the photo you posted, the fact that your are healthy and have completed your family, and the problems with your appearance you would like improved, I think you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.

A Mini Tummy Tuck is not such a good option, as only the lower abdomen is addressed- I think you would most likely be very disappointed with the outcome of this alternative.

More important than whether you have a mini or more extensive abdominoplasty, however, will be the surgeon you choose. Choose well and you greatly increase your chances of being safe and happy... Choose poorly or for the wrong reasons, and you are much more likely to be taking risks you are not aware of, including the increased risk of not being happy when it's all said and done....

Here is some sound advice on how to find a surgeon you like and can trust:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Best Option to to tighten the Tummy in a mother of two

+1

Regarding: "I'm 22, and I have two small boys. I have no plans of ever having more children, and have been considering a tummy tuck. What's the difference between a full tummy tuck and a mini one? I have wayyy too many stretch marks (you can't really see them too well in the pictures, but trust me..they are EVERYWHERE!) and this flab of skin that hangs over my jeans. I've done every exercise in the world trying to tighten it and it just wont go away. Do you think it is the right option for me?"

Having completed your family and not being obese or having significant medical problems you would you before-babies figure again with a Full Tummy Tuck and Liposuction of the back.

The reason for the Pooch-that-would-not-go-away despite dieting and exercise is the permanent muscle split associated with your pregnancies. The 6pack (Rectus Abdominis) muscles were separated in the midline by the rapid expansion of the uterus (which also caused your stretch marks). The uterus extends from a lime sized organ to that of a watermelon pushing everything in its path. No exercise or diet can put the muscles back together again.

With a Mini Tummy tuck only the lower tummy is treated - that below the belly button. This operation is best reserved for women who were never pregnant who have minimal skin looseness. In your case, a Full (Standard) Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)  would be the much better option. It will flatten your tummy, narrow your waist, raise a sagging Mons pubis and even smooth any upper thigh cellulite you may have. Owing to the appearance of back / love handle fat, you could greatly benefit from Liposuction of these areas. It could correct the "muffin top" appearance, define the hips and nicely define the upper buttocks making them look larger and rounder.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Mini tummy tuck or full tummy tuck

+1

After two pregnancies, you would benefit from either a full or mini tummy tuck. It is difficult to fully evaluate which would be best from your photos. If you have a lot of loose skin and stretch marks, a full tummy-tuck would give you a better result. Full tummy tucks are a bit more involved in terms of recovery, but will tighten your abdomen much more than a mini tummy-tuck. I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best regards, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1

Dear Frosted,

After two pregnancies it is likely that you would need a full tummy tuck.  There are several variations on the tummy tuck, all of which might be considered a mini tummy tuck.  I recommend that you visit a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a full consultation.  In this economy it should be easy to find someone offering free consultations.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD