I Had a Tummy Tuck 22 Days Ago and I Am Experiencing This Difficulty Taking Deep Breaths, Is This Normal?

I am wooried I am going to stay like this. I went to a very experience dr. Who I really investigated bfore going. I had tt 22 days ago and I cannot take deep breaths and when I talk I need to gasp for air first. Is there any treatment for this. I am a skinny person 120lb.

Breathing difficulties after tummy tucks

+1

do occur but you always have to be wary for blood clots that may develop in your legs and travel to your lungs.  This is potentially life threatening but your breathing would be also, very labored and not wax and wane depending on activities, etc.  Regardless, you should discuss with your surgeon to see if further studies are needed or if its just because your tummy is 'tight' now.

Difficulty in breathing post Tummy Tuck might be a serious issue

+1

2 reasons. Either your abdominal muscles have been tightened extensively (most probably) and it will become better by time and exercise or there are pulmonary issues occurring that should be taken seriously into consideration and resolved as soon as possible. Please refer to your surgeon for evaluation and proper screening tests to identify the cause.

Ioannis Michael Ch. Salivaras, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Short of breath after tummy tuck

+1

It's likely that your shortness of breath is due to the abdominal muscles being so tight, that it's restricting your capacity to expand your lungs.  However, you must rule out one of the most dreaded and potentiallly fatal complications of tummy tuck which is a pulmonary embolus (blood clot that migrates to your lungs).  Call your surgeon today for evaluation.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Difficulty Breathing after Tummy Tuck?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing.

I think that the important thing at this point is to rule out problems that may be causing your difficulties. In other words, I would suggest that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon;  imaging studies such as chest x-ray etc. may be necessary.  Once these concerns have been ruled out, then you will be able to have peace of mind that ,with time and reconditioning,  your respiratory difficulties should improve.