Tummy Tuck At 213lbs- What Technique Is Best?

I had lap band surgery 2008. I've lost a total of 60 lbs. My weight seem to be stable, sometimes going from 208 lbs to 213 lbs. I'm very interested in getting a full tummy tuck, lipo on my back to remove the back fat and flanks! Can it be done at this weight with OUT the circumferential/extended technique?

Tummy tuck or circumferential belt abdominoplasty

+1

Yes, both tummy tuck with liposuction and circumferential belt tummy tuck can be done at a weight of 213. The deciding factor is going to be how much skin laxity you have. Liposuction will not get rid of excess skin on that flank, buttock and lateral hips.

It all depends on how much benefit you want to get for the laxity that you have.

You can also have it done as a staged procedure. What I mean is you can have a tummy tuck and back liposuction. After you have healed for 3-6 months, if you don't feel like you have gotten enough, the posterior portion of the circumferential tummy tuck can be done at a later time.

I cannot say what is best for you because I haven't examined you and have no pictures to base any decision on.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

The length of the incision depends on the amount of excess laxity

+1

Regardless of weight, the length of the tummy tuck is dependant on your personal choice as well as the amount of excess skin and soft-tissue laxity present.  If you want the best result possible and you have circumferential laxity than a circumferential tummy tuck will be the procedure for you.  You may choose a smaller incision tummy tuck as long as you are ok with less of the laxity corrected.

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Circumferential versus Standard Tummy Tuck

+1

The decision on whether to do a cirmcumferential abdominoplasty as apposed to a standard one is based on how much loos  excess skin you have and what your goals are.   A cirmcumferential is never mandatory but may be recommended to achieve the best result.  Likewise, if you don't have a lot of extra skin then going all the way around the body may be totally unnecessary.    

Ideally, one has achieved maximum weight loss since that will allow for more skin removal and a better look.  You don't want to have tummy tuck then end up losing another sixty pounds later with more excess skin that you need removed.  

It is important that you meet your plastic surgeon and have thorough conversation on your goals and expectations after an examination so that you can understand the specifics that are unique to your body.  A surgical plan can then be made together.

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/body/post-weight-loss-westchester-ny/

Tummy Tuck or what for lax skin and fat?

+1

Without more information from you including your age and height as well as some explicit photos, specific recommendations can't be provided you with any sort of accuracy. Of course, a physical examination is mandatory.

How much skin laxity is there? Is it localized just to the abdomen or to the sides as well? Is there laxity of your buttocks? How much fat is there? Is it localized? Diffuse? Or both? Can you lose more weight? Will you lose more weight? Do you have health problems? Etc.

You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. He/she can better answer your questions being able to have all the above information and more.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Weight loss and tummy tuck

+1

Congratulations on losing all that weight after you lap band.  However, you did not state what your goal weight was and your present height.  It is difficult to say what would be best for you in terms of timing of your surgery ( i.e . are you still losing weight and if not how long has your weight been stable?),  and how lax are your tissues( do you require a full tummy tuck, a circumferential, etc..) without an exam.

Tummy tuck will improve shape and loose skin even if you are still overweight.

+1

Hi.

1)   I have a slightly different take on this subject.  Telling some people that they must lose weight before surgery   can be essentially telling them that they cannot have surgery, since weight loss is so difficult.  If this is truly your stable realistic weight, you can probably benefit by having a tummy tuck.  You will still be overweight after wards, but you will look a lot better.

2)  What kind of tummy tuck you have (regular, extended, circumferential) really depends on how much loose skin you have and where on your body the loose skin is.

More weight loss

+1

I have to agree with those who suggest further weight loss..... your investment will be well rewarded and the procedure "safer" if you wait till you are closer to your ideal body weight.   Hang in there 

Tummy tuck after lap banding

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss! You will get the best result by waiting until your weight has been stable for six months. If you haven't reached that point, now is a good time to begin to research a plastic surgeon with whom you are comfortable. Patients routinely opt for the abdominoplasty or panniculectomy alone without going around to the back. If you still have fat on your back, then you should wait until additional weight loss has been achieved, which may avoid the need for the liposuction. I would expect that you will continue to loss weight. You may be at a plateau right now.

The best tummy tuck at 213 pounds

+1

The best result from tummy tuck will be further weight loss. The 60 pounds is a start, though with the lap band, and a dietary coach you should be able to lose additional weight. The tummy tuck is a significant investment in yourself, and you should do all you can do to make it pay off.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Abdominoplasty

+1

Without a photo or face to face examination that is impossible to know. For safety and reliable result reasons your BMI should be 30 or less before proceeding with a tummy tuck. If the excess skin extends around to the back and you only remove skin on the front ytou will be left with a large wing of skin and fat at the outer ends of the tummy tuck scar. Every patient I ever met does not like those wings. Liposuction alone on the back will not get rid of that excess skin if it is present.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.