Do I Need a Second Tummy Tuck? (21 Year Old Man)

At the age of 15 I was 304 pounds.Now my weight is 171 pounds,5.8f tall.3 months ago I had my op.My skin was not in a horrific situation(I've seen severe cases)but there was loose skin and I looked saggy.So I had a full tummy tuck and lipo.I feel that I should have had a better result after all the money and pain(7 hours surgery).I never leaned forward after surgery so I think not enough skin was removed.I've been exercising hard for 2 years and I feel I deserved something better..What can I do?

A small revision with or without liposuction may also help

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  It does appear that you have some excess fat and some excess laxity that could be further corrected.  This can be done via a full tummy tuck revision or just a smaller revision to address the laxity that is at your incision.  You may want to take this opportunity to lower your horizontal scar as well.

Dr Remus Repta

Secondary tummy tuck

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss!  At 3 months out from surgery, I think it is best to wait a bit longer to let your body fully heal before considering additional surgery.  After a lot of weight loss, the skin's elasticity is often abnormal and needing secondary procedures or touch-ups in the future can be anticipated.    In the long run, you may benefit from additional skin removal and liposuction (a revision abdominoplasty), but I would wait another 6 months or so.  In addition, remember than any changes in your weight from here on out is going to impact your results as well. 

Michelle Spring, MD

Revision Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

Congratulations on all of the weight loss! You are still recovering from your first surgery so I would ask that you allow your body to heal fully prior to considering any type of revisionary surgery.  We as plastic surgeons do our best to remove as much excess skin and tissue as possible and sometimes it is better to have a surgeon who is more conservative (leaves a bit of excess skin vs. having wound healing problems).  No surgery is ever perfect and no surgeon will ever promise perfection.  You look good.  Enjoy your results.  Let yourself fully heal (8-12 months) and if it still bothers you, have a discussion with your surgeon as to your options for revision.

Revision Tummy Tuck

+1

From your description and from your pictures it looks like you have a nice result after massive weight loss.  You still have some excess skin and I think you would benefit from a secondary tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) with liposuction once you are completely healed from the original surgery.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

You may benefit from redo tummy tuck

+1

You had body lift for the excess skin round your abdomen and back area. you have good result and i would do any surgery for another 3 months. You may benefit from liposuction and abdominoplasty.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Second tummy tuck

+1

I would revise with liposuction alone. Congratulations on a spectacular weight loss effort. Your surgeon also did a nice job given the degree of skin laxity you would have had with 125 pound weight loss. While not always needed, revisions should be anticipated in large body contouring cases. Also, given your youth and the degree to which your skin has contracted elsewhere in your torso after the weight loss, I would expect you to see a marked improvement with liposuction. Good luck.

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS