Tummy Tuck Safe for Someone Weighing 190 Lbs?

I weigh 190 lbs and I want to have a tummy tuck. Is this procedure safe for me? What are the risks?

Thoughts about abdominoplasty

+1

You did not say how tall you were nor did you divulge your age. If you are overweight you should try to lose the weight before surgery. Being pleased with the results of an abdominoplasty and then losing a significant amount of weight contributes to loss of the initial good correction as the skin and subcutaneous tissues become more lax (less tight) and the contour improvement might not remain. So it just makes sense to lose the weight prior to surgery. Scheduling a procedure in the future makes good sense, as the date signifies a deadline and an extra impetus to lose weight.

Abdominoplasty performed by a Board Certified plastic surgeon in an accredited fsurgical facility under general anesthesia administered by a Board Certified anesthesiologist takes away many risks, and it is imperative that the patient due his or her due diligence to make sure that the above suggestions are followed.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Risks

+1

All surgery has risks.  Someone who is moderately overweight (you did not provide height) would have a slight increase in risks for a TT or any surgery.  A patient who is of normal weight with only excess skin will usually obtain a better result also.