Best Surgery to Tighten / Remove Fat Area Above my Belly Button?

I am looking to tighten skin/remove fat above my belly button. I am 5'7" 168 lbs. I have loose skin/fat above my belly button is saggy. I feel though I have other problem areas, they can be corrected with diet and exercise. I would just want to focus on smoothing out this area above my belly button. What would be best to correct this? Also I am 23 and will want to have kids someday (probably in my 30s) I want to make sure if I do choose a procedure will I have issues if/when I become pregnant someday. I am currently looking at smart lipo. Thank you!

Lose weight prior to liposuction not after.

+2

If you honestly plan on losing weight to correct the other areas why don't you do that first and see if if improves the upper abdomen.?

SlimLipo would give you your best result.

+2

If you are interested in contouring the upper abdomen only and are planning to have children in the future, I would recommend liposuction of the fullness in the area above your belly button.  The laser-assisted liposuction method with melt the fat and tighten your skin at the same time. 

Marisa Lawrence, MD

+1

Regarding: "Best Surgery to Tighten / Remove Fat Area Above my Belly Button?
 I am looking to tighten skin/remove fat above my belly button. I am 5'7" 168 lbs. I have loose skin/fat above my belly button is saggy. I feel though I have other problem areas, they can be corrected with diet and exercise. I would just want to focus on smoothing out this area above my belly button. What would be best to correct this? Also I am 23 and will want to have kids someday (probably in my 30s) I want to make sure if I do choose a procedure will I have issues if/when I become pregnant someday. I am currently looking at smart lipo. Thank you!"

Liposuction WOULD have been the answer if you did not have skin laxity, skin excess and fat deposits both below and above the belly button. Liposuction, regardless of the technique (including laser such as the not so smart lipo)will only remove fat but will leave behind hanging skin.

The only solution to your issue in my opinion would be a Tummy Tuck. The operation will totally flatten your tummy, narrow your waist, and may even smooth any upper thigh cellulite dimpling you may have. However, since you are planning on having a family first, I would encourage you to save your money until then and not allow yourself to be sold a procedure which I predict you will be unhappy with.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Liposuction for abdominal fat around the umbilicus

+1
If there is extra fat around the belly button the liposuction can help. If it is just loose skin you might try Thermage.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction of abdomen

+1

You appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction of the belly. You probably have enough skin to have a tummy tuck also. I also offer a tightening of the muscles which have separated because of pregancy through a cut in the belly button. Watch my videos!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best Surgery to Tighten / Remove Fat Area Above my Belly Button

+1

From your photo and expert description I recommend Smart Lipo to that area as a excellent option for that issue or area. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Treating the upper abdomen

+1

Thank you for the picture.  It looks like liposuction alone may not be the best solution for you because it will not tighten the skin.  As for a tummy tuck, I would probably wait until you have completed child bearing.

Lipo alone won't tighten loose skin - save it for tummy tuck

+1

Your oprions are unfortunately limited at this time since lipo will not tighten the skin and it appears that eventually a tummy tuck will be best, after you have had kids. A note of caution here about claims of skin tightening with laser-assited lipo: results are variable, and the best that have been reported indicate that you can get about 17% more tightening when using the laser, which isn't a noticable difference in most cases. Using the laser does add risk and expense however so make sure you have done your homework before attaching specific expectations about that. With or without the laser, you will have some laxity of the skin with lipo.

Richard Baxter, MD

Please don't get talked into something you don't want.

+1

Dear Haha

Liposuction will be helpful here and you are likely to feel that it make a significant difference for you without the necessity of a scar on your lower abdomen from one hip to the other which is common after a tummy tuck.  Dr Rand is undoubtedly right that the greatest improvement to the appearance of your abdomen would be with a tummy tuck.  However, the price is the large scar.  For the time being, liposuction should make a very nice difference and once you have had your babies, a tummy tuck could be done down the road if your decided it was right for you.  Be aware that cosmetic dermatologists perform liposuction under local anesthesia with minimal downtime and because they don't perform tummy tucks, they are less likely to pressure you to have a surgery you don't want.  If you do elect to work with a general plastic surgeon, just make sure they understand what you want and don't pressure you to have something you are not interested in having.

Lipo vs Tummy Tuck

+1

Physically you need a tummy tuck to correct your abdomen.  Lipo of any kind won't work well for you because you don't have good skin elasticity.  So skip the lipo and save your money for the eventual TT you need.  Ideally it would be done after kids.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS