What Will my Tummy Stretch Marks Look Like After a Brazilian Buttlift?

i have had two children and would like to get a brazilian buttlift done. i want that fat taken out of my tummy but i have stretch marks on my tummy. my concern is what my stomach would look like after the fat has been removed for the brazilian buttlift.

Brazilian butt lift and stretch marks

+1

Stretch marks occur due to a loss of elasticity of the skin. During a Brazilian butt lift, liposuction is used to remove viable fat for subsequent transfer to the buttocks. A tale sign of having poor skin tone are the stretch marks. Liposuction will remove the fat but will not take care of the skin. In other words, just imagine that your belly is a balloon and liposuction will remove the air (fat) out of the balloon. The balloon will shrink but the envelope will still be there. Depending on the quality of your abdominal skin, the skin will either retract or sag. If your skin tone is poor and you have a lot of stretch marks, the skin will wrinkle and your belly will look worse after the surgery.

This is not uncommon and I always tell those of my patients who have poor skin tone / stretch marks that there is a significant chance that you will need a tummy tuck to remove the excess skin and thighten up you belly. I routinely do this about 6 months after the Brazilian butt lift procedure if indicated

Brazillian butt lift

+1

Stretch marks are not affected, unless the area is suctioned, then they may become more pronounced. Sometimes stretch marks o the butt and cellulite diminish with a fat transfer. This is not 100% but I've seen people with stretch marks they hated very pleased with the result and the fading achieved by this surgery. See a board certified plastic surgeon and go over your concerns. If he or she has done at least a hundred you are in good hands.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Consider tummy tuck and brazilian buttock lift simultaneously

+1

If you have stretch marks on your abdomen you may actually benefit from a tummy tuck at the same time as your fat transfer. The fat can be harvested from your abdomen fairly aggressively without worrying about having loose or irregular skin because that skin will then be removed during the tummy tuck.

If you have liposuction of your abdominal skin (stretch marks) that skin will not contract into a smooth contour and you will most likely not like your contour.

A board certified plastic surgeon can tell you if you are a candidate for these types of combined procedures. You need to be in good health prior to having this kind of surgery.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Strectch Marks, Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Liposuction on areas where the skin has lost all of its elasticity and there is damage at the dermal(collagen) layer (i.e stretch) mark will produce a worsening of the stretch marks.  The most affective method of removal of stretch marks would be surgical removal.  In your case I would discuss a staged approach to your body contouring.  First liposuction and fat transfer to your buttocks with the known fact that fat taken from your abdomen will produce wrinkling and worsening of stretch marks.  3-6 months later a formal tummy tuck can be performed.  

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Brazilian Buttock lift

+1

If the skin of the abdomen has lost its elasticity, then liposuction will cause the abdominal skin to be more wavy, and the stretch arks will not change.

Tummy tuck is the only way to get ris of stretch marks. The fat and skin from tummy tuck can be used as dermis fat graft for buttock enhancement. Along with liposuction around the buttock, the buttocks can be reshaped and enhanced.

Brazilian butt lift and stretch marks

+1

The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction and fat injection. With any liposuction you will get some skin contraction.

Stretch marks are tears in the dermis, the portion of the skin. That is why it's very difficult to treat them. Liposuction will likely make them look better but they won't go away completely.

Looking at before and after photos of people with stretch marks may give you the best idea of what to expect.

Wendell Perry, MD