Tummy Skin Removal Low Scar? (photo)

I have had 2 children and weigh around 50kg, 163cm tall. Am I a candidate for a mini tummy tuck? With a very low scar? I wouldn't get the surgery if I still couldn't wear tiny bikinis. And would I have to get my abdominals sutured or can I just get the skin removed?

Full Tummy Tuck

+1
I would recommend a full tummy tuck. A mini tummy tuck would tighten the lower abdominal skin some, but the loose skin above your belly button would remain. Also, with a full tummy tuck, your diastasis recti (loose abdominal muscles) will be repaired which will make a big difference. Make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon and ask for pictures to make sure the scars are low under the bikini line and that the belly buttons look pretty and natural.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin in the upper abdomen

+1

Typically, when I see loose skin above the umbilicus like you have in your photos, I'm hesitant to do a mini tummy tuck, because this area is not well corrected.  You may well need the standard TT - but a good physical exam in person is needed to make that decision.  Seek out a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area with lots of TT experience!

All the best!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck: Mini result

+1

You are a good candidate for an abdominoplasty, muscle plication is needed to flatten the weak abdominal muscles.  But scar placement must be determined in person by your doctor. From the picture it's clear that it will be a close call to place the scar low as the umbilicus is high. A mini abdominoplasty without muscle tightening will result in a scar with little improvement. I suggest that you seek a couple of consults from board certified plastic surgeons in your area, good luck.   

Joel Aronowitz, MD