Tummy Lipo Revision to Correct Lumpiness?

Considering tummy lipo correction by well known & highly accredited/acclaimed PS in Bev Hills for slight lumpiness. They are just below b-button. He thinks he can even things out and "etch" the rest of the stomach area. Know he is skilled, but wondering if lumpiness is b/c of my "chemistry" and wether there is likelihood that I will get more/worse not because of him but because of my makeup? He has already performed lipo revison on legs and was very happy with results. Thin and fit for 40.

Liposuction and Tummy Tummy Tuck Revision

+1

In the right hands, liposuction can be a fantastic tool for evening out minor irregularities in the stomach after a tummy tuck.  It sounds like you have had a good experience with this surgeon before, so you know that he or she is good.  Best of luck.

Evening Out Lumpiness with Tummy Tuck

+1

If all of the lumpiness exists within the area to be excised, then the lumpiness will be gone.  If the lumpiness is above this level, it can likely be improved, but, without an exam, that is about all I can offer.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

+1

It is not possible to answer this question without an examination. Photos might help, but it sounds like these are palpable and perhaps not visible. I am not sure what he has in mind, but the fact that he was able to correct irregularities on your legs seems a favorable factor when making your decision. Yes, occasionally patients can have a worse outcome after a revision, and this is something to discuss with your surgeon.

Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Abdominoplasty revision liposuction

+1

This is a common area to have a small amount of extra fat after a tummy tuck. Surgeons are often reluctant to remove as much fat as possible from the area just below the umbilicus as it may decrease the blood supply and create even bigger problems.  In my practice I will often try to improve the result with a non invasive technique (such as Exilis or Thermage) since there is no downtime. However, your board certified surgeon is probably the best one determine what will work best for you. Recovery from a small revision liposuction is generally far easier than the abdominoplasty recovery and can offer excellent results.