Tummy Help? (photo)

I had 2 c sections and the Mirena fitted.noticed something wrong with shape of my tummy and upon research I came across the Mirena tummy " side effect". Mirena removed in sept 2012 &had a tubal ligation done. I am an active mom and my tummy is giving me sense of depression as I am now 20kgs overweight .When I had my TL all I was told that my second c section never heal properly and I feel that I am not being told much by my gynae. Who can I see in South Africa to help me.

Weight Loss Followed by Tummy Tuck

+1

I would agree with everyone else that weight loss followed by tummy tuck would probably be the best route to take.

There are things that you can control and things that you will need assistance for

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  It may be that you will benefit from some type of an abdominal contouring procedure such as a full abdominoplasty.  For this I recommend having several consultations with well trained plastic surgeons that can show you good before and after photos.  Until then, however, you will be well served by losing the excess weight.  This can be optimally accomplished with a balanced diet and a supervised exercise program.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Candidate for abdominoplasty ?

+1

With being significantly over weight, and sreched out abdomen, You need to concentrate on weight control and exercise before having counsultation for abdominoplasty or other body contouring. You will look a lot better and will be happier after dropping 20 kilograms.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Who to see

+1

Currently your are not a candidate for a tummy tuck as you are 20kg over your usual weight.  You need to get on a diet and exercise program to get in better shape before consider surgery.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck. Who to see?

+1

You look like you will be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. I suggest you research board certified plastic surgeons in your area and ask for referrals from your doctor. Make sure you feel comfortable with your surgeon before proceeding with any procedure. Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1

After losing the extra 20KG you will probably be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Look up a board certified plastic surgeon where you live.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy Help

+1

It looks like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck--abdominoplasty. Check the website of the plastic surgery association in South Africa for listings in your community. 

Thanks and best wishes.