Tummy Feels Too Tight and Uncomfortable Even After 3 Years of TT Procedure?

Hi I'm a 24 years old male and had a full TT done 3 years ago after wiegt loss, the doctor has either over tightened my ab muscles or took out too much skin, my lower tummy just above the pubic area is gets hard and stiff! when I stand straight and it tends to concave when i bend backwards, its painful when I stand for or walk for long or even laugh!, I feel ruined after having had the procedure done, any fat a gain no longer goes to the abdomen but to the sides and lower back What Can I Do ?

Tightness after tummy tuck

+1

Although one of the goals of a tummy tuck is to create a firm abdominal wall, many patients complain of feeling too tight for many months after surgery.It is however, unusual to have this problem 3 years out and I do think you have to return to your original plastic surgeon for follow up.I doubt that anything having to do with the tightening of the abdominal muscles has caused this situation as there is always a relaxation that will occur whether we want it or not. What may be happening with the concavity that you now have in the supra pubic area is that the lower end of the flap that was brought down at the closing of the wound is thinner than the opposite flap it was sewn to. In patients after weight loss, there is often a disparity in thickness of the abdominal wall at different levels. A revision of this area may be necessary and possible fat grating to the concave area may be indicated. I would again strongly advice you to return to your doctor and realize that this is a resolvable situation.

3 years after Tummy Tuck

+1

I would consult with your plastic surgeon to determine if there is anything causing this. After examination, he/she may be able to give you recommendations on how to help alleviate the discomfort that you are feeling.

Leo Lapuerta, MD