Bulge After Tummy Tuck

i had a tummy tuck 8 weeks ago and i have a bulge on top of my scar my doctor said it was fat that moved down into that area that losing about 6 pounds would fix it. i was not overwieght at the time of my tummy tuck i jus had stretch marks from my pregnancies. I am very worried because i thought the tummy tuck would leave my belly flat.

Tummy tuck healing revision

+1

After a tummy tuck, the lymph channels are disconnected where the scar is. Sometimes, because of this esp in the early healing phase, you may see swelling or a "bulge" just above the scar and between it and the belly button. I suggest putting paper tape over this area which may help or it may reduce in size with time. Otherwise, if it is still there 9months after surgery, I do a little liposuction without charge on my patients and this usually takes care of the problem. Watch my video.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fullness above tummy tuck scar

+1

This can be due to fat that was located above your belly button prior to surgery or to fat that has poor blood supply and is fibrotic. Give it 4-6 months, if it persists consider liposuction.