Tummy, boobs and thigh lift all in one shot?

I want to get a tummy tuck , breast implants and thigh lift. I plan on taking 4 weeks off of work ( I am a clinic nurse no lifting just vital signs and charting and minor procedures ).He stated it is up to me if I want all 3 at once or break it up. He stated I am a perfect candidate as well as a fairly simple case. Meaning my tummy has a little pouch my boobs don't need a lift my thighs are gross and he states he would do lipo or lift

Tummy Tuck combined with Thigh Lift and Breast Augmentation

+1
Dear Lissa,

It would be helpful to see pictures but these procedures can be done together safely if you are in good health and understand your recovery needs. If the surgery would take longer than 6hrs you should not go home but stay overnight in a hospital for additional monitoring of your BP and fluid status. This is for your safety. I frequently do these combined procedures but the time required should dictate where your operation is scheduled. A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs these procedures regularly and can show you lots of pictures of their patient's results would be recommended. The results can be tremendous if you choose your surgeon well. Best Wishes.

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck, breast implants and thigh lift at same operation

+1
Thank you for your question.  I frequently do tummy tuck and breast augmentation at the same operation.  I do not combine a thigh lift when I am doing a tummy tuck.  In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, the bacterial flora and healing properties of tissue in the thighs near the perineal area is quite different from that in the area of the abdominoplasty incision.  My concern would be that operating in 2 areas so close together could increase your risk of infection and might cause disturbance of blood supply.  Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon and appear uncomfortable with the advice your given seek a second consult.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Multiple procedures

+1
Surgery is serious business, the fact that it is cosmetic puts the pressure on all of us, patient and surgeon to make it as safe as possible. 

Multiple procedures increase the risk. Each surgeon and his/her patient must discuss the issues and risk/benefit in having many procedures at the same time.

My personal, and it is a personal choice is two procedure at a time. Speak to your surgeon and both of you can make a reasonable decision.

John Sampson, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation

+1
You increase your risk for complications by stacking those procedures.  In particular the liposuction or thigh lift in addition to a tummy tuck.  Also in my experience you will more than likely recover quickest from the breast aug followed by the tummy tuck.  Swelling from liposuction can linger.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

+1
   Tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and thigh lift can be performed together if you are otherwise healthy.  I will say that the surgery time should be held under 6 hrs and that your surgeon should be an expert at thigh lifts as this is the most difficult of the procedures and is less commonly performed. 

Combined surgery

+1
It has been shown that surgeries can be combined and done at the same time safely. It is recommended that the total time in the operating room not exceed 6 hours in an outpatient setting. It may be possible that a tummy tuck, breast augmentation and thigh lift be done at the same time as they can be likely be accomplished in less than 6 hours. If your surgeon is well qualified and confident that he can perform them all safely and well within that time then it seems reasonable.  Also, returning to work in 4 weeks to a job that does not require lifting seems appropriate. 

Luis H. Macias, MD

Multiple Procedures At Once

+1
  Dear Lissa33, Without photos it is difficult to comment on the amount of surgery in one day. We frequently perform multiple procedures on ideal candidates but we stay within the AAAASF parameters of our accredited surgical facility. 4 weeks off of a non-physical job will probably be enough time...however, be prepared to take more time if needed. Good luck. #Dr. Gervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck, breast and thigh surgery at once

+1
Sounds like quite a bit of surgery at once if you plan to return to work in four weeks. I would be concerned about standing and working long hours following a possible thigh lift.  Depends on the specific procedure. If the surgery is  a mini tummy tuck, breast augmentation and some thigh liposuction,  it would be reasonable to think you could return to work in four weeks.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon