Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, and Fat Transfer to My Buttocks. Doc Said He Took Out About 15kilos?

I had a Tummy tuck and lipo on my sides and my back. And fat transfer to my buttocks. So far I've only lost about 10 pounds. My Dr told me that he took out about 15 kilos of fat which should be about 30 pounds and yet I've only lost 10 and lately I keep gaining 3 or 4 and then losing them. But if he took out 30 pounds. Shouldn't I weight 30 pounds less? How much weight should I expect lo lose?

+1

Dear Angie,

The tummytuck tissue is often weighed so your doctor will know this weight. The liposuction aspirate is a mixture of fat and the solution the doctor put in to prepare the fat for liposuction.  This is usually more than 50% water, so If your doctor is counting liters of aspirate, then this is not really how much fat was removed.  Finally, some fat was put back in your bbl.  This is fat and weight that you are of course gaining.  More important than how many liters or kilograms of fat that was taken out, is how you look.

Best Wishes,

PAblo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss following liposuction

+1

It will take time for you to see Your final result following liposuction surgery.  30 kg of fat is a lot.  If there are any questions about your expected weight-loss you should follow with your plastic surgeon

Weight Change with Body Contouring Surgery

+1

When removing fat plastic surgeons use the measure of volume (cc) and not weight (kg). You will have to clarify this with your PS.  I would focus less on the accuracy of your weight because your weight will change due to changes in fluid retention and fluid loss.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

High volume liposuction considerations

+1

Most of us in this field do not believe that lipoaspirate volumes greater than 5 liters are safe for patients. I've personally never even approached that volume in my liposuction practice.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Liposuction

+1

It is not realistic to believe that you had 15 liters or 15 kilos of liposuction. Maybe you misunderstood and it is 5 kilos or 5 liters.

Weight loss after body contouring

+1

Thank you for the question.  During the healing period after body conturing procedures such as liposuction the body holds on to excess fluid.  Some of the weight difference is likely this water retention associated with healing.  Of course, since you also had fat grafting to the buttocks part of the fat has been moved from one area to another and not really eliminated.  

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

+1

Much depends on how soon after surgery. Women sometimes leave the hospital after a c-section weighing more than on admission despite baby and placenta weighing 15 pounds or so, due to post operative swelling. 

15 kg is a large amount of tissue to remove. Most surgeons won't suction more than 5 kg, and that would leave 10 kg of abdominal tissue. WIthout an idea of your weight and size, it is hard to know if that seems likely, though it is certainly possible. Some more info would make it possible to give you a more specific answer. 

All the best.