I Had a Tummy Tuck and Still Have a Gap Below the Belly Button

i had a tummey tuck done 5 weeks ago and stil have an inch gap in the middle below the belly tutton where the stitches have not healed. I have been given Intrasite gel which I clean the area and use everyday. How long befor I see results and what are the healing stages for this gel. please help

Delayed healing

It is difficult to say without more information, but typically a wound will heal on its own if it is treated appropriately.  I agree that the best person to ask about this is your surgeon.  I will say that you have to be patient as this will usually heal with local care as long as there is not a specific reason it has not healed such as smoking, or excess tension etc.  You should be seeing some progress.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You will get better

Sounds like you have a delayed region of healing .  I agree that the best thin to do is to see your board certified plastic surgeon and let her or him help you with this process.  It is a process which may take weeks to months .   Sometimes a scar revision in a year or so will help with the final result too.  This can usually be done under local anesthesia.  Eat well, avoid any tobacco products or exposure, rest, follow your surgeons advice and be patient.  I know that it is hard but this too shall pass. 

Grant Stevens, MD

Delayed healing following a tummy tuck

Photos and more personal health information and history would be somewhat helpful in attempting to more accurately answer your question. The best person to answer this is, of course, your surgeon. Give him/her a call and ask what their expectations are regarding healing.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Wound healing problems after tummy tuck

Thanks for your question and sorry your wound has not healed, unfortunately it does happen.   Without a picture it is hard to give you any time estimate on healing, but most importantly keep seeing your plastic surgeon.  If the scar is unsightly after it heals, it usually can be revised at the one year mark.  Good luck

Wound opening after tummy tuck

Without photos, it's difficult to comment but if you have a wound opening, it should go on to heal by secondary intention. Continue to followup with your surgeon. If the scar in that area is unsightly, it can be revised in an office procedure under local anesthesia,

Robert L. Kraft, MD