Tumescent Liposuction or Smart Lipo for Jowls?

I have always had a round face with chubby checks that are now turning into jowls. Would Smart Lipo or Tumescent Liposuction work for my jowls and neck? I just turned 50 and my husband worries that it will make me look older.

Tumescent liposuction with micro cannulas is best for jowls

+3

Jowls make you look older anyway so get rid of them with liposuction under local anesthesia with using the microcanulas for about $1500-2500. It is safe, quick and easy and well worth it.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Tumescent Lipo

+1

I do not recommend either without a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon evaluation for a possible facelift/necklift option.  Many jowl only lipo with or without laser can result in more sagging.  A careful consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will ensure your options are all in front of you to decide from.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent liposuction in the face and jowl

+1

Liposuction is very effective in the neck, though facial liposuction is a red flag. Some surgeon are in favor and some are not. The reason is that we have learned that we all lose facial fat as part of the aging process. An entire school of though and practice now emphasizes fat replacement to rejuvenate the face in the form of structural fat grafts. With most facelift procedures we put the fat back in to hollows as we place the jowl fat back up into the cheek. Your husband might be right.

peterejohhsonmd

Liposuction for jowls: Tumescent ot laser liposuction?

+1

Before you decide to have liposuction for your jowls, make sure you are evaluated by a physician who can determine if liposuction is appropriate for you, or if a facelift would be a better option. In an older patient with prominent jowls and loose skin, liposuction may not give the desired result as the skin may just end up hanging off the face. In an appropriate candidate for liposuction, it doesn’t matter if traditional tumescent liposuction or any of the newer “laser” liposuction devices are used. Even with laser liposuction, tumescent fluid is still used and the fat needs to be removed with a traditional liposuction cannula (long tube). Furthermore, despite the marketing hype, there is no good evidence that any form of “laser” liposuction is better than traditional liposuction for tightening the skin.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent liposuction to smooth the jawline

+1

Tumescent liposuction works very effectively to recontour the jaw. Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has great deal of experience in liposuction, facelifts, and neck lifts. The most important factor for a successful result is the quality of the skin in your neck. If the surgeon feels that your skin has good elasticity and will contract after the surgery, you may be an excellent candidate for liposuction. If you have too much laxity in your skin, liposuction in this area may make your problem worse. Your plastic surgeon will be able to present the options for you so that you can choose the best one

Pat Pazmino, MD

Liposuction of the neck and jowls could help in the presence of good skin elasticity

+1

A complete examination is essential to evaluate the skin, and the location of the fat. Your husband is right to be worried about the procedure because if you are not the right candidate it would cause an unnatural look.

Individuals with round face have to be more careful as liposuction can cause irregularity in the shape of the face. There are times that one actually needs an actual lower face and neck lift to correct the jowls and then neck.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon