Fluid Retention and Swelling After Liposuction

I had tumescent liposuction 5 days ago. I have a lot of fluid retention in my lower abd which travels to my vaginal area (extreme swelling at times) more noticeable when wearing both compression garments. I am extremely worried. My doctor said to wait a week (may need incision and drainage). I am no longer leaking through any incisions and the fluid does not appear to be reabsorbing it just jiggles in lower abd and swells by vaginal area badly. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Vaginal swelling after liposuction

+1

swelling is very normal after liposuction. Compression garments can worsen it if they crease the area in the groin. Bed rest intermittently during the day can help lessen the swelling compared to sitting around all day. This will pass but it may take more than another week.