Tumescent Lipo Post Op Hot Searing Pain... Is This Normal?

I am 42 5'4" 143 lbs pre-op and am now close to 148 post op.. I feel this hot searing "fluid" around my mid-section. Worn my compression garment, and took my antibiotics as instructed. It hurts to move, like the hot fluid moves around my midsection and it burns. I had lipo on my flanks, upper and lower abs and lower back. I also had breast aug, but that doesn't even bother me at all, just like drying up after breast feeding. Is this normal?

PAIN after surgery

+1

Pain occurs and hot searing pain is a word phrase used by patients.   Since that seems to be your pain area you should let your PS take a look.  Pain is a symptom of inflammation and possibly INFECTION.  The signs of infection are PAIN.....REDNESS.....SWELLING.....and a FEVER.   So check out these 4 big signs.   Part of your doctors fee is the post operative assessment so go see him.   My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

+1

Always best to run specific concerns by your plastic surgeon. However, although rare, there will be some patients who experience significant discomfort ( similar to what you are describing with liposuction surgery;  these unusual/severe sensations tend to result slowly without intervention.

Again, best to be checked by a plastic surgeon to rule out complications

Burning sensation after lipo

+1

Without an examination its not possible to know exactly what is going on but its possible that you may have a seroma, which is a collection of fluid. If you do, this should be drained. This can be done in the office setting with a little local anesthesia. I would suggest seeing your surgeon sooner than later to see if that is the case. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and pain with fluid?

+1

You have not provided enough information in terms of timing, areas treated, skin color, etc.. If the area is burning, do you have redness suggesting an infection for example?  Best to be seen by your surgeon.