Tumescent Lipo or Dry Lipo Under Anesthesia - Which is Better?

I had Tumescent Smart-lipo done and my results yielded unevenness. I am looking at a Board Certified PS that does this in a hospital/outpatient facility and will put me under while he does liposuction to even me out. Is this a better outcome? I was told he would not use tumescent fluid while I'm under so I would assume he could tell better where to even me out. Is this true?

Liposuction and technique

+1

As I always say it is not so much the technique but the surgeon's skill with getting good results that is important.

Tumescent Lipo or Dry Lipo Under Anesthesia - Which is Better in REVISION Liposuction?

+1

Regarding: "Tumescent Lipo or Dry Lipo Under Anesthesia - Which is Better?
I had Tumescent Smart-lipo done and my results yielded unevenness
. I am looking at a Board Certified PS that does this in a hospital/outpatient facility and will put me under while he does liposuction to even me out. Is this a better outcome? I was told he would not use tumescent fluid while I'm under so I would assume he could tell better where to even me out. Is this true
?"

Smart lipo, the use of a very hot fiber to cook fat as well as the nerves and blood vessels that travel within it, is NO a magic wand and has not been scientifically proven in a single peer reviewed study to offer any benefits over regular liposuction done with a wetting solution. Moreover, I would guess that it was NO the tumescent solution but the uneven way in which the Smart lipo used used (spending more time and heat in one area than another) that caused your unevenness.

To even things up, areas of depression would need to be fat grafted while certain over elevated areas may need to be carefully liposuctioned. I would NOT recommend doing this without any tumescent solution because of bleeding and swelling but with a minimal amount of wetting solution.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Tumescent Lipo or Not

+1

I think your plan is fine.  There are not many plastic surgeons today that use a dry technique.  A wet, super wet or tumescent technique is used to reduce blood loss.  Areas that are treated are circled so that after using the injection of fluid the target areas are not lost.

Dr. ES

Liposuction correction tumescent or dry

+1
There is less bleeding and b ruising with tumescent liposuction rather than the dry technique. Most surgeons still add some anesthetic fluid even if they don't tumesce the fatty tissue. If the residual fat areas are marked well before liposuction then the addition of anesthetic should not interfere with producing a good result.

Correcting liposuction irregularities with various lasers.

+1

The ability to correct your problem depends more on the skill of the surgeon rather than the tool. If you are in the hands of an experienced surgeon, you can achieve a reasonable outcome with any technique and will likely do best with the procedure and protocol that he/she prefers.

SlimLipo has corrected SmartLipo results in my practice.

+1

I have found that patients in my practice who are dissatisfied with the lumpiness of Smart Lipo are best treated with the Palomar SlimLiposuction laser.  This machine has two laser wavelengths - one that melts fat and the other that tightens skin.  We generally perform these procedures in an operating room and ,depending upon the extend of correction needed, will use general anesthesia.  I would recommend the use of tumescent fluid to reduce the risk of blood loss.

What type of liposuction is best.

+1

We do all of our patients asleep since we feel they are more comfortable that way. The type of liposuction that is best is the type done by an experienced liposuction surgeon! It makes no difference in how you get the fat out-it is surgeon preference and is often used only as a marketing tool!