1 Month-Post Op Tumescent Lipo, And Results Are Uneven. Is This My Final Result?

I had Tumescent lipo about a mont ago in chin, arms, abs and inner thighs. I think the doc should have suggested this to be done on two separate days. The problem is asymmetry in all areas. The chin does not look different at all. Al the areas treated feels very lumpy. My mid and upper abs looks very bulgy and asymmetrical. The lower abs is flatter than upper. It will go away? He only took out 2,000 ccs. He told me I need a tummy tuck because the navel is holding the skin. What do you say?

Liposuction Recovery

+2

Swelling with liposuction generally can take 3-5 months to subside and so at 1 month post op you are not seeing your final results.  Please be patient and allow your body to heal properly.  Keep in close contact with your surgeon and see how things look at your 3 month post op mark.  

Performing a revision is an option if after things heal you are still not satisfied.

Too early to judge final result

+1

Too early to judge your final result.   Firmness and lumpiness are very common after liposuction of any type. If you are having skin irregularities it is possible that these were pre-existing.  It is the soft tissues normal response to trauma.  More than likely the swelling is better in the morning when you first wake up and gets worse throughout the day as you go about your normal activities.  Light massage is beneficial but in general it just takes time for this to resolve.  Look for it to remain about the same for the next three weeks and then begin to get better between the 6 th week and the end of the 3rd month.  Continue to wear your compression garment as instructed.

Tumescent Lipo

+1

You should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to have your skin and fat evaluated and then decide if a TT is your best option.   The 2000cc is not an indicator of whether you had a good surgery or not.  The right amount of fat removal is important, enough to reduce the size, but not too much to cause laxity or bumpy skin.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

One month post-op liposuction

+1

You will have swelling in the treated areas for at least three months.  Therefore it is difficult to evaluate your result at this time.  I would suggest you make sure that your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. A well trained plastic surgeon should be able to evaluate you before surgery and tell you if a tummy tuck or liposuction will be needed, not after he has already performed the procedure.

M. Keith Hanna, MD

Liposuction

+1

You are still swallen, wait for 3 months. then reevaluate.

If you had skin laxity in the upper abdomen and gotten worse after liposuction, it probably will remain so. The decision for liposuction or tummy tuck needs to be done before the surgery. The laxity in the skin should have been discussed with you prior to surgery.

That is why we keep emphasizing the importance of choosing the doctor carefully, and not base your decision on price.

repair of liposuction problems is difficult and expensive