I Had Tumescent Abdominal Lipo 2 Weeks Ago. I Have Gained 10 Lbs This Week and Its Not from Eating. Is This Normal?

I'm extremely swollen in the abdomen. It is not soft but hard but. Is back almost to the look I had prior to surgery. This area was flat after surgery. I had 2 ounces of bloody fluid removed last week as I had no drainage after surgery even with open incisions. I've gained 10 lbs in a week 2 weeks after surgery. I wear my compression garment religiously. I seem to be swollen in my hands as well and generally feel swollen all over. I'm very concerned - is this normal?

Concerned about swelling after liposuction

+1

It is normal to be swollen after surgery.  Your entire body (even your hands) can be swollen from retained fluid.  In the areas of surgery (abdomen), you would notice more swelling.  In next couple weeks, you would notice more frequent urination and decrease in swelling.  Continue with compression garment and follow your plastic surgeon's postoperative instruction.

Swelling after liposuction

+1

Swelling after liposuction is normal and retaining fluid is normal too. It should get better with time. If concerned, see your doctor.