Can anything be done about a huge fat pad above my vagina area now or do I have to wait until at a lower weight?

I had Gastric By Pass Surgery in 09. I lost 200 lbs I got down to 290 i am trying to continue to get the rest of the weight off I know at this point I have a long way to go before I can get a skin removal , I have this huge bundle of fat protruding from my pubic area /with the weight loss it sags so much ,the size is like at lease a closed fist . makes it not only embarrassing to me and uncomfortable as well. Would you also know what weight I would have to be to have it all done?

A combination will help

+3
a combination of liposuction and weight loss will give u the best results. Consult a board certified surgeon to help you plan.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Can anything be done about a fat pad above my vagina area now or do I have to wait until at a lower weight?

+1
The area you are referring to is the mons pubis and it is fatty tissue that lies above your pubis bone. The size of the mons pubis depends on the level of fat of the body. The most common procedure to correct this area would be to perform liposuction. Additionally, direct excision of the fat can be done at the same time as a mini or standard tummy tuck. Keep in mind that liposuction only removes fatty tissue, not skin. If a patient has a large amount of fatty tissue, a mini tummy tuck may need to be performed to excise the extra skin and reach optimal results. Therefore, it would be best to lose as much weight as possible before moving forward with liposuction. I hope this information has helped you.

Rady Rahban, MD

Mons Pubis Contouring after Massive Weight Loss: When is the Right Time?

+1
Whenever you're considering to tighten up the sagging skin produced by massive weight loss, it's best to defer the procedure(s) until you've reached your target weight goal. It's generally OK to proceed if you're close, but if you have a long way to go, you may find that the areas that were worked on will loosen after surgery and require additional work. Certainly, there are exceptions, but waiting is usually best for optimal results.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City Cosmetic Gynecologist

Addressing mons pubis after weight loss

+1
Congratulations on the weight loss. Surgeons have different preferences for body contouring procedures based on their experience and expertise. Moreover, they will perform these procedures at different points. Typically, surgeons would prefer that you are closer to your ideal weight before having the surgery. There are different procedures to address the mons pubis with my preference being liposuction. When you are ready, consult with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options and choose the surgeon/surgical plan.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

The mons and massive weight loss

+1
Congratulations on your weightloss. Keep it up if you can and get as close to your goal weight. Once you are there you will be a candidate of a tummy tuck and the mons area will get treated then with possible excision of extra tissue, liposuction, and suspension. 
Good luck
Gaurav Bharti 

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Mons Ptosis

+1

Mons Ptosis (sagging mons) is treated by Monspexy combined with liposuction.  Ideally you should weight to loose all the desired weight before having surgery.    

Vasdev Rai, MD

Liposuction is very helpful for excess pubic fat

+1

Many women are concerned about extra fullness of the pubic area.  This is well-treated with liposuction and I do it commonly.  In your case, this would be done at the time of your abdominoplasty.  The tummy tuck itself helps to pull up the pubic tissue, which usually has fallen.  Congratulations on the weight loss.  The recommended weight for surgery depends on several factors including the size of your frame.  If you have a large frame, you might be a candidate at 240 pounds.  We do not insist that you get all the way down to your ideal weight.  At 240, you will have a tremendous amount of excess skin and fat.  You can continue to lose weight after your plastic surgery.  Have a look at this part of my website.  You will see some women over 200 pounds.  We count on a psychological boost from the tummy tuck surgery to help assist you with additional weight loss.  Also check under "massive weight loss" on my website.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Mons Plasty

+1

Excess fat in the pubic area or mons pubis is common in patients who are overweight. I perform a mons plasty (direct removal of pubic fat) at the time of the fully tummy tuck. A direct excision approach is the best way to remove this fat. Liposuction can be performed, but is less effective than direct excision. Generally I advise patients to wait for the full tummy tuck procedure to perform the mons plasty, but if a patient is very eager to move forward, liposuction prior to the mons plasty could help in advance of the formal surgery.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon