2 weeks post op orbital rim surgery. I have depressed scars formed. Is this normal? What can I do about them? (photos)

I have scars on both sides of my eyes where the doctor put malar implants with orbital rim. Now I have depressed scars that formed! Did they not heal together properly? What can I do about them now? I doubt they will raise up on their own... Please help

Scars at 2 weeks

+1
You look pretty good for 2 weeks.  The swelling in the muscle around the scar may make it appear depressed.  As the swelling resolves the scar should improve quite a bit.  If you end up with any residual scarring, some laser can help with that.  But for now be patient.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

This may persist or it may resolve.

+1
However, you are still quite swollen from surgery.  Your are likely to stay swollen for a while.  For this reason, you need to be patient and let your face heal from your recent surgery.  Having cheek implants is a big surgery and swelling can persist for many months.  Generally issues that persist more than 6 to 12 months may benefit from surgical revision.

Indented scar 2 weeks after lower bleph incision with rim implants

+1
The short answer is that 2 weeks is too early to tell. Swelling in this area can create appearance of wrinkle or indentation along the incision. This will likely flatten more as the swelling resolves. Be patient.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling at the periphery of the incision can create a temporary indentation.

+1
From the photograph it looks as though the swelling around the incision is creating the indentation. This should go away as swelling subsides.

2 weeks post op orbital rim surgery. I have depressed scars formed. Is this normal? What can I do about them?

+1
Thank you for the question!  Your scar will flatten and fade with time.  The skin in this area of the face heals very nicely.  Your scar will be maturing for a full year.  If you are unhappy with your scar after one year, then talk with your surgeon about scar revision.  In all likelihood, the scar will be hardly perceptable after it matures.  

--Dr. Mussman

Jason Mussman, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon