What is the cause of a crooked nose after Rhinoplasty and how can it be corrected? (photos)

I had a rhinoplasty one year ago. Right when the cast was taken off, my nose was clearly crooked. I thought it was due to uneven swelling, my nose was not crooked before the surgery. But a year later it is still crooked. Are there non surgical ways to correct this? How did it happen?

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1
First, I would like to see your pre op pictures before critiquing your result. But, yes the nose is deviated to the left, has dorsal convexity, suggestion of Polly beak. The tip is  "amorphous", i.e lacks definition. The nostril retraction may or may or may not be significant pending hands on exam. Unfortunately, there are no good non-surgical options. It is always best to discuss these with your original PS.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1
Dear nosegirl1990,

• A nonsurgical rhinoplasty can be performed to improve the look
  • A revision rhinoplasty may offer you more options to get the look you want
  • See an expert who performs both types of procedures and can guide your expectations

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Crooked Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1
In addition to the asymmetry you have fullness of your profile, a hanging columella, and retracted nostrils which unfortunately will require a revision rhinoplasty to correct. Select a surgeon who specializes in revision work.

Revision rhinoplasty for the crooked nose with hanging columella, etc.

+1
Revision rhinoplasty for the crooked nose with hanging columella, etc. can be done to straighten your nose revise your polybeak and support your tip. See a very experienced revisionrhinoplasty surgeon.

What is the cause of a crooked nose after Rhinoplasty and how can it be corrected?

+1
   To be fair, preoperative photos would have to be compared to help evaluate the change that has taken place.  An exam would be necessary to determine additional maneuvers that may be helpful for improvement.