2 Weeks Post Op and Implants Moving?

Im 2 weeks post op and now i feel my 400cc silicone implant in my right breast slide forward when i bend down and then back when I sit back up. I had or still have a tuberous breast deformity but im not sure if that has anything to do with the sliding or if this normal. Its kinda annoying.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Moving Implants Not Always a Cause for Alarm

+2

It is very common early after breast augmentation to not only feel the implants moving but also to hear a "sloshing" sound with certain activities.  The body has not yet had time to heal itself, form a capsule and resorb the fluid that deposits in the pocket.  These findings often resolve very quickly and things go back to feeling normal.  This issue is unlikely to be related to your tuberous breas deformity.  This anatomical finding has a significant impact on your final result but not on how your breasts feel in the early postop period. 

Web reference: http://www.drbitar.com

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Two weeks after breast augmentation

+2

At two weeks after surgery, it is too early for things to have settled down. It sounds like you may need to give it more time.  If concerned, talk to your surgeon.

Hello

+2

2 weeks post-surgery you scar tissue has not formed yet, so you will or could feel the implants. You need to have your PS exam you he/she would be the best person to analyze your situation.

2 Weeks after Breast Augmentation and Implant Movement

+1

2 weeks after breast augmentation, implant movement may be a normal variant.  In general, the pockets are tight at this time, but it is too early to speculate at this point.  An exam by your plastic surgeon may be in order.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Breast Implants Moving

+1

Moving and swooshing shortly after surgery are very common and do not necessarily mean that anything is wrong. I suggest that my patients wear a sports bra for at least six weeks to keep the implants in the right place, prevent swelling, and to be more comfortable. The space that the implants are in should be larger than the implants to look natural. That space will get smaller over time. Follow up with your surgeon to assure the healing process goes well for you.

Web reference: http://www.chicagobreast.com

Breast Implants Moving after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource in evaluating your situation.  However, it is not uncommon for patients to “feel” that the breast implants move when they change position. This is not necessarily related to the fact that you had a tuberous breast deformity. Most of my patients will report that their breast implants feel “part of them” roughly 3 months after the surgical procedure;  there is certainly a physical and psychological  adaptation period that most patients experience ( body image change).

Again, for the best advice and/or reassurance, followed closely with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm