Do I Have Tubular Breasts, Will I Need Tubular Breast Correction, or Will Implants Give a Good Result? (photo)

My breasts have been measured at a 32C, however they appear to be a lot smaller and are very widely set, they do not have particular large areola, but my breast tissue seems to be on the outer line of my body just under my arm rather than centered and when I lean forward/down they are very pointy. My question is, will a normal breast enlargement correct this, or do I need to get a specifically catered kind of breast enlargement to give me the best result. Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Breast Augmentation and Tubular Breasts

+2

Tubular Breasts can vary from a mild case to much a more severe presentation and this will sometimes determine if a tubular correction is suggested or just implants.

Your breasts do have a tubular component but it is not severe. I think you will achieve a great deal by using implants to give you more fullness above the nipple complex and of course your bra will be filled more with your breasts being "pushed" into the bra cup with the implant under the muscle (I suggest this in almost all cases).

Having said this, you do have some issues that you need to anticipate. Your nipple complex is pointing outward and this will be seen also after the augmentation procedure. Depending upon the size implants that you use, you can help this visual effect in that a larger implant will have an impact on the outer part of your breast and thereby allowing for a more "centralization" your nipple complex. I would also suggest you use a moderate shape or a moderate plus shape of the implant to allow the base to spread to the lateral breast tissue. A high profile would not be appropriate in that it has a smaller base and this will not round out the lateral breast mound under the nipple complex as much as the previously two shapes of the implants.

You also have a moderate spreading of the breasts at the breastbone. This sometimes does not allow for the cleavage to be as close as some prefer but the pictures you sent can be deceiving. If you press your breasts together, you may find that they really do touch or are much closer than it seems and this would negate my comment on the spreading at the breast bone.

All in all, I think you are a great candidate for an augmentation mammoplasty alone without getting fancy with the slight tubing. Remember too that an augmentation will give more fullness to the breasts and the small amount of tubing that you have will be blended with larger breasts. This will allow for much less visual effect of the tubing.  You will like your results. You have many other very attractive features that will compliment the augmentation correction of the sloping above the nipple complex.
Good luck with your surgery. Stay excited!

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. 

No, I do not think your breasts demonstrate any of the characteristics seen with tuberous (constrictive) breasts.  Breast augmentation surgery may be a good operation for you if you are interested in increasing the size of the breasts and achieving more volume/fullness throughout, including in the cleavage area.  Careful breast implant pocket dissection and appropriate breast implant selection will be  important factors in  achieving the results you are looking for.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

BREAST AUGMENTATION

+2

Hi Fraya,

It does not appear that you have Tuberous Breasts.  A standard Augmentation with moderate profile implants should provide a nice natural result.  I would like to point out you have widely separated nipples which point outward.  Unfortunately this is a condition that is not correctable.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Do I Have Tuberous Breasts

+2

No, you do not have a tuberous breast deformity. Your breasts tend to look more to the sides of your chest because of the shape of your rib cage, ie instead of being relatively flat in the bone surface across the front of your chest, the ribs slope away from your center. All you need is an augmentation, but be aware that will look like an enlargement of your current shape.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Hello

+2

You do not look like you have tubular breast deformity. I believe a nice size implant can correct the gap in between your breast. You should see a Certified PS to get your accurate advice.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Tubular Breasts?

+1

You should be fine with just a breast augmentation.  However, you may need some component of areolar lift, depending upon exam as the pictures do not present the breasts with your arms at your sides. Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Breast Augmentation To Mild Tubular Breasts

+1

Dear Fraya,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

It seems that there is very little of tubular aspects assigned to your breasts but more of symmastia that will need to be addressed since the larger your desired implants will be, the more prominent the symmastia will be.

I believe that with reasonably sized implants, a lift may not be necessary. However, if you desire to consider large implants, then a possible lift will be required to prevent ptosis from happening.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation alone will give you a very nice result

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  You do not have any of the characteristics of tubular breast deformity.  You do appear to have breasts that are centered a little bit lower on your chest as well as areolas that are a little bit lateral on the breast mound.  A breast augmentation alone should give you a very nice result.  Depending on the result that you seek you may want to consider subfascial breast augmentation with silicone gel implants.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Augmentation Tuberous Breasts

+1

A breast augmentation alone will look very nice on you. You do not have tuberous breasts. Tuberous breasts have a tight base and tissue which bulges through the nipple area requiring extra steps for the surgery. Your nipples sit towards the outer part of your breasts. They will also sit that way after surgery. I think you can be very happy with your results after breast augmentation.

Michael Horn, MD

Breast augmentation

+1

You don't appear to have tubular breasts.  You appear to be a 34B and should be a good candidate for breast augmentation.   You of course have to consider what you want to look like so you and your surgeon can be on the same page before choosing implants.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS