Possible Tubular Breasts? (photo)

I am 21, slightly overweight and have been self conscious of my breasts for years. I recently came across an article regarding Tubular Breasts and feel as though I fit some of the description. However, my mother has a slight sag to her breast shape and I don't know if that could just be the issue with mine. When my nipples are erect my breasts become very round and much perkier, however, naturally they are not. I have never been pregnant or lost/gained an abnormal amount! Thanks!

Very Mild Case Of Tubular Breast

+1

You may have a mild case of tubular breast but nothing significant. You could have a breast lift with or without a breast implant.  

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmeti-surgery.com

Tubular breasts treated with Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

You may have a very mild case of tuberous breasts.  Your problems are your breasts are low, small, too far apart and the areolas are large.  You would benefit from breast augmentation through a circumareola approach.  Through this technique you could place the implant high on the chest wall, elevate the breast tissue and reduce the size of your areolas.  It is important to align all 3 in the same horizontal plane to give you the maximum projection and increase your cleavage.  You are a perfect candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breast

+1

Yes, you have tubular breasts and would do well with a concentric lift and augmentation.  The implant would expand the fold under your breast and make you more symmetrical. This is a common abnormality.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Possible Tubular Breasts?

+1

Yes in my opinion based upon the posted photos you have tuberous breast deformity. Seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Tuberous breasts

+1

Yes, it looks like you have elements of tuberous breasts with wide set narrow based breasts, and large areola.  Good luck with future surgery.

Do I Have Tuburous Breasts And If So, What Can I Do About Them?

+1

Thank you for your question and pictures.  You do in fact have many of the elements of tuberous breasts.  To make your breasts more attractive, in my practice, I would do a Benelli mastopexy with implants.  This technique can be viewed on my website, Breast Implant Center of Hawaii.  This surgery would reduce the size of your areola and lift your breasts.  Your breasts are overly projected and the circumareolar permanent suture would push them back and give you a rounder, more desirable appearance.  The puffiness of your areola is secondary to the breast tissue herniating into your areola.  Dermal anchor sutures would correct this problem, and this is part and parcel of the standard Benelli mastopexy. 

I highly recommend you find a Board Certified plastic surgeon, a member of ASPS and ASAPS, who has experience in the Benelli or circumareolar mastopexy. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Possible Tubular Breasts?

+1

Dear  Cr194221,

Thank you for your photos which do demonstrate that you have a moderate version of tuberous breasts.  I do not need to list the components that comprise a tuberous breast which are listed by other plastic surgeons who also answered your question.

The important thing is what to do next. There are a number of options to improve the appearance of your breasts and a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is needed to determine which treatment option is best for you.  Ask to look at their before and after photos of tuberous breast patients which will be of great help to you.

Best of luck to you.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

What do tubular breasts look like

+1

HI,

Thanks for the pictures. You do have some elements of tubular breast deformity. These have been described in several of the other answers so I will not repeat the details. Probably the best way to correct this is to have a combined breast augmentation and mastopexy. The mastopexy (lift) will decrease the areolar diameter and centralize the nipples on the breast mound and the augment will expand the base of the breasts and enhance their volume. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Web reference: http://ClevelandPlasticSurgery.com

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Possible Tubular Breasts?

+1

Yes, your photos do indicate a modest form of the tuberous breast deformity. The problem can be dramatically improved with surgery, but it is not as easy as just doing a lift or an augment. Make sure the surgeon you choose is well experienced in this type of surgery.

Tubular breasts

+1

There are a number of features that define a tubular breast:
•Wide and puffy areolae
•widely spaced breasts
•high breast fold
•constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast) and narrow base
•minimal breast tissue
•high breast fold

In your photos I see most of these, except that you seem to have a modest amount of breast tissue. 

There are procedures that can be done to improve the appearance and size of tubular breasts, and if you are interested, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

The procedures usually include placement of breast implants, and a breast lift to reposition the areola and the breast tissue. 

Thank your for your question, best wishes.