Do I have tubular breasts? They look different from my friends and I am self conscious. (Photo)

I have always been self conscious of my boobs. I think that they look different from my friends.

Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
Your breasts appear ptotic and you would benefit from a new technique called The Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Your breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. You will achieve the youthful perky breasts high on the chest wall with this technique.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breasts vs Breast Ptosis

+1
No, you do not have tubular breasts They have a constricted base with flaring of the areolar portion. Some may also be ptotic, or droopy. What you have is simply breast ptosis. A standard mastopexy or lift will correct you if you are otherwise the size you desire. If your breasts are too large, then a concurrent reduction would be what you need. If you would like to be larger, then you will need an augmentation with your lift. From your pictures, it is hard to tell anything about your size in relation to your body. See a plastic surgeon with significant experience in all these procedures. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

+1
From what I can tell from your photos I don't think your breasts are tuberous. Looks like you just have droopy breasts which can be corrected with a lift. I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and that way you can get the best answer after your surgeon examines you.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

Macromastia not tubular breasts is your issue

+1
You do have large breasts and ptosis or sagging and a breast lift  or reduction could certainly improve your breast shape.

Tubular breasts are very tightly constricted breasts that are too shaped beneath the nipple areola.  Your breasts are full and are not tubular.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tubular breasts

+1
  • Your photos suggest you may have tubular breasts,
  • They also suggest you have breast ptosis (drooping).
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a full breast examination and discussion of what might be done to reshape your breasts so you are happy with the way they look. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD