Are my breasts tuberous? I'm 18 years old and maybe not yet done developing? (Photo)

I was wondering if my breasts would be considered tuberous. i'm 18 so i figured maybe i'm just not done developing or something?

Are my breasts tuberous? I'm 18 years old and maybe not yet done developing?

+1
Your breasts appear normal but you do have large areola's which could enlarge with a breast augment. Otherwise you are a perfect candidate for a breast enlargement.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

You do not have tubular breast

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  From your photograph your breasts appear very normal.  There is slight asymmetry with one side slightly lower but again this is very normal and most women.  There is no reason that you cannot have breast augmentation if you desire Fuller rounder breasts.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

What are tubular breasts?

+1
HI,
You would probably not be classified as having tubular breast deformity. It is not uncommon to have some protrusion of the areola in young patients. Tubular breasts are classically defined as a constricted inferior pole of the breast with a narrow base width and herniation of the breast gland through the areola. Based on your photos you seem to be within normal limits.

All my best,
Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breasts?

+1
I would not classify you as having tubular breasts. You do have larger areola which many women do have. Tubular breasts are usually accompanied by a high riding breast crease, a very tight lower pole of the breast skin, and tissue that protrudes into the nipple areolar complex. I do not see any of this in your photographs however, you would need an in office exam to say for sure.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breasts

+1
You do not have tuberous breasts at all - in fact, they are great.  If you don't like the size, you can have a breast augmentation.  If you don't like your areola size (the dark part around  your nipple), then you can have an areolar reduction which will have a scar around the areola and reduce it's size.  This scar fades very well between the dark and light skin on the breast.  Best of luck

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tubular breasts?

+1
Reviewing all the expert response leads to a answer of NON TUBEROUS breasts.. Options for N/A lifting plus small implant and fat grafts are possible

Tubular Breasts

+1
An exam would help but there is a natural part of breast development that can look similarly. If your breasts are still changing, the answer may provide itself in time.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tubular breasts?

+1
Based on your pictures, you have very mild herniation of breast tissue through the areola. This can be seen in tubular breasts but your breasts appear within normal range of appearance. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

What makes a tubular breast?

+1
You do not have a tubular breast.  By definition a tubular breasts has high inframamery folds, your folds are in a normal position.   Breast tissue that's herniated into the nipple away from the chest and your breast tissue again is our normal location adjacent to the chest wall. Everyone is different but your breast shape completely normal.

Wendell Perry, MD