Triangular shaped breasts with large, hanging nipples that I can't reshape with a bra. Are they tubular? (photo)

I have always wondered if my breasts were tuberous. They have a triangular shape and the nipples are very large and appear to "hang" at the bottom of the breast. I also dont get the nice round shape other women do when they wear bras. Can someone help me identify if my breasts are tubular?

Tuberous breasts

+1
Your breasts a slightly tuberous and ptotic, or saggy.  You would be a good candidate for a lollipop lift with implants if you want to correct it properly.

Tubular Breasts

+1
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, due to your photograph I am unable to clearly identify your anatomy. My recommendation is for you to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and make an appointment to be evaluated in person. He or she can give you the answer you seek as well as help you explore your options. Good luck to you.  

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Tuberous?

+1
You do have some characteristics of that but are not classic tuberous.  Regardless, if you wish to rejuvenate them and make them rounder and perkier, you will need an augmentation and a lift.  Find a local plastic surgeon to listen to your concerns and then see what your surgeon can deliver then decide if its for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or another picture where your breast actually show is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques wold be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tubular breasts?

+1
Tubular or tuberous breasts are a congenital variation of breast development which results in a breast which has a constricted base, high inframammary fold and a conical breast shape in which the central breast tissue tends to herniate out through the nipple/areola.   The diagnosis of tuberous breast is a clinical judgement by the individual doctor and therefore we may, or may not, agree that a certain patient does or does not have  tuberous breasts.  However, from your photo and description, I believe you do have some of the components of tubular breasts and you may benefit from some of the options for the treatment of tuberous breasts.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts

+1
There are a few classifications and descriptions of tuberous breasts in the medical literature and these are easily found online.  Based on your pictures there are at least two components of the problem that are seen:
  1. Slightly wide breasts 
  2. Lack of roundness in the inner part of the right breast.  
Based on this I would say that you have mild Class II tuberous breasts.  That does not mean that this is bad, it is just the way you are "built".

I hope that helps.  Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts

+1
No.  Tuberous breast have a narrow base with a large areola, and the breast tissue herniates through the areola.  Your type of breast requires a mastopexy and implant to improve the shape.

Brian Peterson, MD
Kelowna Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tubular breasts?

+1
  From your description, there may be components of tuberous breasts, but I cannot reliably interpret the photo presented.

Tuberous

+1
Hard to tell because of the quality of the picture. However, you have elements such as a constricted base, some droopiness and deficient tissue in your lower pole, see a local doc to discuss! 

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Tubular breasts

+1
The photo you posted is very blurry and difficult to appreciate. Best to post new ones or be seen in person for a proper evaluation.