Do I Have Tubular Breasts? (Photos)

My breasts have never sat properly and always sag and are not the right shape and are far apart. I am supposedly a 34F but bras do not fit properly because of the sagging. Do I have tubular breasts?

Do I have tubular breasts?

+2

I do not think you meet the definition of tubular or constricted breasts, but you do have ptosis (the nipple is located below the fold or at the bottom part of the breast).  You will benefit most from a breast lift to restore a more natural shape to your breasts, or a breast reduction which will also accomplish that goal in addition to decreasing the size of your breasts. This is a very common problem, and most women are happy following reductions or lifts!

Tubular breast

+2

I did not believe you have tubular breast. By definition tubular breast have a high inframammary fold which you don't have and breast tissue herniated underneath the nipple which I also don't see in your photographs.

I think your best option for improving shape is a mastopexy or breast lift without implants. Breast tissue can be shaped to create cleavage and the look of an implant without the possible long-term complications of breast implants.

If you look at my website or the my profile you'll see patients before and after pictures with breast ptosis similar to yours and the ability to create cleavage without implants.

Wendell Perry, MD

Tubular breasts?

+2

No, based on your pictures, I do not think you have tubular breasts. I think you have breast ptosis. Your situation can be improved with breast lifting plus or minus breast implants. You may find the link  attached helpful. Best wishes.

Tubular vs. Ptosis

+1

After reviewing the photos you posted, I would not categorize your breasts as being tubular. You do appear to have a good bit of ptosis and may benefit from a full breast lift. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain further information regarding the procedure that is best for you.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Tubular vs Ptotic breasts

+1

You do not meet the criteria of tubular breasts. Tubular or tuberous refers to a breast shape that is conical,  a constricted inframmary fold or IMF (base of breast), a short areolar to IMF distance and a proportinally large areola which usually "pops" out. Your breasts are ptotic or "droopy". In order to correct this condition a breast lift or mastopexy is indicated. If you were unhappy with the size, a breast redcution could be performed.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Do I have tubular breasts

+1

You do not have tubular (or tuberous) breasts. However, you do have breast ptosis, which is the medical term for the sagging.  You would benefit from a mastopexy, which would involve removing some skin from your breasts and lifting and rejuvenating them. 

If you are happy wearing an F cup bra, this is all that you would need, however, if you wanted to be smaller, it would be possible to reduce the cup size by performing a breast reduction at the same time as the lift.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts??

+1

Hi Sunnyshine,

You do not fit the criteria for having tubular breasts. However, your problem can easily be fixed. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

These are NOT tubular (tuberous) breasts!

+1

You have grade 3 ptosis (breast droop or sagging), which means your nipple position is below the IMC (inframammary crease). This requires a breast lift, and the best lift will correct the loose and sagging skin in both vertical and horizontal dimensions, not just one. This mandates, IMHO, a full Wise-pattern (anchor pattern) breast lift which can yield a pleasing and perkier breast skin brassiere. This will require the removal of about 1/2 to 1 ounce of skin per breast. If you wish for more breast volume than what you already have, implants can be placed at the same time as your breast lift (some surgeons prefer a separate implant surgery after appropriate healing, but most of us do this as a single stage).

See one or more experienced, AB PS-certified plastic surgeons in your area for more information. Yours is a very common and straightforward anatomic situation we see all the time. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting in Breast Ptosis Surgery

+1

the photos demonstrate breast ptosis, with excessive lower glandular fullness,  widened nipple areolar complexes, and flat upper poles.  The ptosis accentuates the narrow base diameter of the glands, giving the breasts a narrowed look; but this is not tubular breast.   Solution:  Full breast lift, with effective removal of skin and nipple areolar to raise nipples,  with autologous fat grafting to the upper poles.   Classic breast lift procedures do not fulfill the need for effective upper pole fullness.  Implants are also possible but will become less popular in this setting

Best Regards

Dr  Del Vecchio

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD

Tuberous breasts vs large breasts

+1

It seems as though your breasts are large and and flat, as opposed to small, tight and constricted. Hopefully you will discuss your desires for your breasts with your plastic surgeon!

Happy Surgery

DR Jeneby

Thomas T. Jeneby, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon