Are These Tubular Breasts? (photo)

Are they tubular?

+1

Not in the classic sense... an implant will lower your fold so be forewarned but I would anticipate your result following an augmentation to still be satisfactory and certainly an improvement over where you are starting from.

Tubular breasts

+1

You have some components which may limit your ability to have certain implants.  A thorough exam in person will be essential to select the right implant for you.

Are These Tubular Breasts?

+1

Thanks for posting the photo. Your breasts are asymmetric to shape/volume/appearance. There is a component of tubular defect, also a deficiency in the inferior poles with one more than the other. Staged surgery would be the plan. seek in person evaluations with boarded PSs in your city. Make sure the docs have the ASPS logo you know the "circle"! 

Constricted Breasts?

+1

Drs. Pousti, Hughes, and Yang are correct, as there is very little space between the bottom of your areolae and your inframammary fold.  This distance will not expand much, and would require lowering your inframammary fold if you were to go forward with breast augmentation.  Because of this, there are real physical limitations in implant size that are available to you.  As previously stated by others, additional procedures like areolar reduction or a true lift may improve shape, size and position of the nipple areolar complex.  

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What Makes a Breast Tubular?

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Tubular breasts have a narrow constricted base, a high fold at the base of the breast, large areola, wide distance between breasts, herniation of breast tissue into the areola through a constricting band.  Your photos do not suggest that this is a correct description of you.  Your breasts are quite normal.  You can make changes to them if you would like and should be able to have a lovely result.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

I don't agree

+1

Although the photo is a bit grainey, your breasts just look small. An augmentation should take care of the size issue and I wouldnt do anything else.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast shape question

+1

Hi 

Thanks for the post and the pic. extra views would be helpful: side/ angle views. However, yes, you have very MILD characteristics of tubular. Almost so that I would hesitate to give you that "label". The breasts are small, the nipples are wide and slightly low, the areolae seem full with perhaps some breast tissue filling the areola. 

What procedure were you considering? implants? I have seen implants in mild cases such as this, correct the shape alone. In more severe cases, internal tissue release may be needed to release the tightness and allow the breast to expand. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breasts

+1

You have constricted breasts with wide spacing with some herniation of tissue through areolae.  A discussion of goals and expectations would be necessary prior to any surgery.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tubular Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Yes, I think your breasts do demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with tuberous (constricted) breasts.  There are lots of variations of tuberous breasts.

Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).  

Generally,  correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper breast implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern,  you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery.  Exactly what operation would help you will depend on a full communication of your goals. Based on  your question and pictures provided,  a breast augmentation as well as an areolar skin/tissue  reduction  will serve to significantly improve the shape/contour of your breasts.    
 You may find the attached link helpful as you do your research.