Do I Have Tubular Breasts? (photo)

Tubular Breasts or Asymmetry?

+1

There is a wide variety of the constricted, tubular, tuberous breast deformities, but you appear to have few of those qualities.

Tubular breasts?

+1

Thanks for sharing and the photos. I don't see the classic signs of a tubular breast. I do see some mild asymmetry. Good luck, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Tubular breasts?

+1

There are a number of features that define a tubular breast:
•Wide and puffy areolae
•widely spaced breasts
•high breast fold
•constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast
•minimal breast tissue
•high breast fold
•narrow base of the breast

Of these, the only feature I can see in your photo is the wider than average separation of the breasts. Implants would be centered behind the nipple and areola, so the separation may seem greater after surgery.

If you are considering breast surgery, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breasts with a narrow base are not necessarily diagnosed as constricted, tuberous, or tubular.

+1

The breasts shown have a somewhat narrow base, but no so much as to carry the diagnosis of constricted. 

Tuberous breast

+1

no you do not appear to have any of the stigmata of the tuberous breast deformity. If you are planning to have breast enlargement you are a great candidate

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Tubular shaped breasts, maybe?

+1

There is a spectrum of breast shapes that we as plastic surgeons refer to as "tubular or tuberous" breasts.  Every breast is shaped differently, even on the same person, just like snowflakes. The important point is not labeling a breast as tuberous, but approaching the reshaping of the breast to a more natural shape and size regardless of what it looks like to begin with.

You will need a detailed physical exam with measurements and photographs and then a careful analysis.  The final result will depend on what you and your plastic surgeon decide is best for you.  Based on the solitary photograph you submitted in the frontal view, it appears you have hypoplastic breasts with the left breast smaller than the right.  The left crease is also higher than the right. The distance from the nipple to the inframammary crease on the left is short and would be classified as a high crease.  You do appear to have a pointed shape to your left breast--a little tubular!

Depending on your age and chest measurements I would recommend either saline or silicone implants under the pectoralis muscle, possibly high profile.  Something in the 300-400 cc size would work and you could choose any of the 5 incision choices. The left implant will need to be larger than the right. The left breast might even benefit from a circumareolar or concentric incision to help with shaping.  Otherwise, inframammary, periareolar, axillary or the umbilical incision can be utilized.

I would anticipate an excellent result with good upper pole fullness and cleavage possible.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breast?

+1

It does not appear that you have tubular breasts. You do have smaller breasts which means a tighter skin envelope. Your nipples are farther apart which is important for you to realize because after augmentation they will only be a bigger version of what you have now. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Tuberous Breasts

+1

Based on this photograph, you do not have tuberous breasts.  You do have asymmetries of your torso and breasts( size, position, nipple position) that can be addressed with an augmentation procedure.  Perfect symmetry will not be attained but you are very good candidate for breast enhancement.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Tuberous Breasts

+1

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your photo.

It seems that you do not exhibit the traits of tuberous breasts. However, if you are looking for enhanced breasts, a physical consultation will be the best approach to answer all the questions you may have.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

You do not have tubular breasts

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  You do not have tubular breast deformity.  Tubular breast deformity includes an elevated breast fold as well as a herniated areola tissue.  A breast augmentation alone will provide a very nice result.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD