Tubular Breasts Uneven & Pointing Down After Implants. is This Normal?

4/15 I had 400CC silicone implants and cutting to release tissue to fix tubular breasts. Im just about 2 months out and my right breast hasn't dropped, still firm & the nipple is ponting down. This is the same breast that before pointed down and was the bigger issue. I dont expect them to be perfect but I am hoping they at least even out more. Will the nipple still droop after it drops? Im worried my rt breast wil not drop! I cant get apt with my surgeon for another month & i am freaking out!thx

Asymmetry after breast augmentation/lift for tuberous breasts

+1

Usually, it takes at least 6 months before you see a final result after breast augmentation. When you have surgery to correct a tubular (tuberous) breast, it can take even longer.  Your breasts will continue to change over the next several months. The implants will settle, the swelling will resolve, and the surgery will continue to heal.

I know it's easier said than done, but I advise you to try to be patient and to wait at least another 6-12 months before making any final decisions about your result. I hope that helps and wish you all the best.

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Nipple points down after breast implants

+1

Based on your photo we can only guess that your problem was asymmetry of the breast as the breast does not seem to have been truly tuberous with nipple herniation. One breast is smaller, the fold is tighter, though again the implant does not appear high. Your breast will settle in as well as it might by about six months and you may be pleased by then. If not revision could include a larger implant an fuller pocket on the smaller side, perhaps with a small lift to even the nipple. Asymmetry is challenging and can require compromise, though now you will have to wait out healing.

peterejohnsonmd

Tubular post-op breasts

+1

Each breast is always a bit different. Pre-op photos would have been helpful. It is hard to say what the final result will be. If the nipple was pointing down before surgery, it may need a lift now.  I would probably give it some more time to soften. They can always be revised.

Tubular Breasts and Augmentation

+1

Although a preop photo would be helpful, it does seem that your right breast implant may still be riding high. If your implant does drop, that could provide you with more symmetry.

Waiting another month (which is when you can see your PS anyway) will help determine if you need further revision. Chances are at 2 months if your implant hasn't descended, it won't travel much further on its own in the next month.

Keep in mind that working with tubular breasts is very challenging, and that revisions or further surgery should be able to provide you with the symmetry you are looking for. Best of luck.

Derek Lou, MD

Before surgery picture would be helpful

+1
You have uneven breasts and implant size or shape change can not fix it. You may need Multiple revisions to even out your breast and it is going to be very hard to make your breast symmeterical.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants - Tubular - Right Has Not Descended At Two Months?

+1

Hi me in ny in ny,

Well, it would (in general, and specifically here) be helpful to have pre-operative photos in trying to assess your healing.  It looks like one breast is slightly larger than the other (your left looks larger than your right).  If it was larger before and the same size implants were placed, then that could help explain both that and the fact that the right is still higher - presumably you had tight skin that had to be released (along with deeper tissues) in order to allow your breast to open up and "unfold" over the implants.

If that's the case then it looks like you would have a very nice result at this stage.  That being said, it's possible that the right breast implant hasn't fully descended yet and may still do so.  I would wait a good 3 months before assuming that it won't.

On the other hand, you're already over two months and so it's possible that you may need another procedure to help the tissues stretch out further.  There are times when you simply cannot get the symmetry you'd like with a single procedure.

Again, I cannot say for sure.  You may be able to get in to see your surgeon a little sooner than that if you express your concern to the office staff.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS